The Department of Water and Sanitation is now looking for a general worker to fill the Store Assistant vacancy at NWRI branch at its Central Operations. Anyone with at least ABET qualification is suitable to apply. If you are interested in this position, please forward your application before August 3rd.
Anyone interested in sending their application please also mention the reference number of this post within the application form. It is 030818/11. This Store Assistant vacancy at NWRI advert is actually a re-advertisement and previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply if they are still interested. The successful incumbent will be stationed at Standerton. This position offers a level 2 salary which amounts to R 96 549 per year. The minimum requirement for this position is AABET qualification with at least one year prior experience in warehouse or store environment. This experience is not compulsory but it will serve as an added bonus if you do have it. In order to be Store Assistant, it is important that candidates possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Basic understanding of Government legislation
- Knowledge of issuing practices and stores maintenance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and in a team
If you happen to be in possession of a valid driver’s license, please attach a certified copy of it for it will be an added advantage.
The qualified candidate can expect to perform the following duties:
- Distribute and receive non-stores goods to correct officials and components
- Offloading and loading heavy products
- Create, clean and orderly working environment
- Collect and distribute store documents from and to various sections
- Pacing stock into shelves
- Help with stock taking
- Safeguard and protect store equipment as well as report all losses
- Conduct relevant tasks upon instruction of the supervisor
How to Apply
Please include the following supporting documents within your application:
- Z83 application form which you can get from all Public Service Departments
- Certified copies of ID document and all qualifications
- A comprehensive and recently updated curriculum vitae
Should you be in possession of any foreign qualifications, please bring them to SAQA to have them evaluated. Then, attach the evaluated results in your application as one of the supporting documents.
Direct your application via post to: the Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X2021, Standerton 2430
Or, as an alternative, you may also hand delvier it to: Grootdraai Dam, Admin Building, office number 1
Make sure you submit your application no later than August 3rd 2018 for no late applications will be accepted. This applies to faxed and emailed applications as well.
Correspondence for the Store Assistant vacancy at NWRI will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you haven’t received any notifications from the hiring department in 2 months after the closing date of this advert, please take it to mean your application being unsuccessful. Previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
For further information, please contact : MS PN Myeni, Tel No: 017 712 9400