The Department of Water Affairs is now seeking a qualified candidate to fill the Auxiliary Service vacancy at Upington Lower Orange WMA (Water Management Area). This job position only requires any interested individual to hold an ABET qualification. If you’ve got the right qualification and is interested in apply for this job, please submit your application no later than August 3rd!
The successful incumbent will be stationed at the Lower Orange Water Management Area which is situated in Upington. This job offers any qualified candidate with attractive level 4 salary. This amounts to R 136 800 every year. It has been mentioned above that candidates are required to hold at least an ABET qualification in order to be eligible for the Auxiliary Service vacancy at Upington Lower Orange WMA. This requirement should be accompanied by at least one or two year prior working experience in Auxiliary Services.
It is important that all applicants possess the following skills and knowledge that play important roles in doing this job. They are all:
- Candidates must have basic computer literacy
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license. Please attach the certified copy of it within your application along with the other required supporting documents. Furthermore, the driver’s license is important because this job will require any qualified incumbent to travel extensively
- Candidates must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must have basic knowledge and understanding of Dam Safety
- Candidates must possess basic knowledge in quantity survey
In order to show applicants a clear picture as to what they will be doing if they are qualified for the job, below are some of the key performance area the future successful incumbent can expect to perform in:
- Be responsible for rendering dam monitoring instruments
- Providing support and helping with the installation
- Be responsible for monitoring of instruments
- Be responsible for the collection of samples as well as information
- Assisting with the dam safety investigation
- Assisting with measuring in ground water levels in open boreholes
How to Apply
Should you be interested in this position, please forward your application mentioning the reference number of this advert, which is 030818/09, to one of the following addresses:
Hand deliver: direct your application to their office in Louisvale Road, Upington
Via post: The Provincial Head, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X5912, Upington, 8800
Please include the following important supporting documents within your application:
- Z83 application form. This form is accessible from any Public Service Department. Quote the aforementioned reference number here. Please sign and date the form as well.
- A comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of ID document, a valid driver’s license, and qualifications
- If you possess any foreign documents, please have them evaluated by SAQA and attach the evaluated results within your application
The closing date for this vacancy is on August 3rd 2018 at 16:00/ no late, emailed or faxed application will be taken into consideration. If you haven’t received any notifications from the hiring department within 2 months after the deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Should you have any further enquiries regarding the Auxiliary Service vacancy at Upington Lower Orange WMA , you can contact: ENQUIRIES : Mr Steven Shibambu Tel No: 054 338 5800