Applications are now open for the Dietician Grade 1 vacancy at King Edward Hospital. This job is open for the Dietetics directorate. Anyone with at least a senior certificate and appropriate registration certificate can apply. If you think you are qualified for the job, please submit your application today!
The successful incumbent will be stationed at the second largest hospital in South Africa which is King Edward Hospital. This job offers an attractive salary which ranges from R 300 828 to R 342 357 per annum. Add to that the qualified candidate will also receive other benefits such as housing allowance and medical aid (this is optional). In order to be qualified for the Dietician Grade 1 vacancy at King Edward Hospital, candidates must at least hold a matric or senior certificate along with current registration with the HPCSA as a Dietician for the year 2018/2019. This must also be accompanied by registration certificate as a Dietician with HPCSA. Candidates are not required to have any prior work experience. However, it would be a good bonus if candidate have 2 year experience as a Dietician in a clinical environment.
This job requires skills, training, knowledge and competencies of the following:
- Sound knowledge of dietician principles that includes nutritional analysis and assessment
- Excellent counselling skills
- Sound knowledge of general clinical nutritional management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Good time management skills
- Basic computer literacy like MS Excel and Word
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the duties you can expect to be involved in:
- Provide nutritional counselling support to out and in patients that need dietetic intervention
- Evaluate, monitor and follow up all patients that receive nutritional intervention
- Lobby with other staff members concerning the nutritional care of patients
- Help with staff training in nutrition related issues
- Provide recommendations that are in line with procedures or policies for the active functioning of dietetic department
- Help with basic management departmental functions which includes collation of monthly an daily basic statistics as well as report writing
- Take part in quality improvement with the dietetics department
How to Apply
Please forward your application to one of the following addresses:
Hand Deliver to: 330 Langalibalele Street, Natalia Building, Registry, Minus 1:1 North Tower
Via post: The Chief Director: Human Resource Management Services, KZN Department of Health, Private Bag X9051 Pietermaritzburg 3200
Make sure you attach the following supporting documents within your application:
- Z83 application form mentioning the reference number of this post (HRM 33/2018). It must be originally dated and signed.
- Certified copies of ID document, qualification and driver’s license.
- SAQA evaluated results of your foreign qualifications (if you have any)
The closing date is on August 3rd 2018. If you haven’t received any notifications within 3 months after the deadline of this application. It means your application was unsuccessful.
Should you have any enquiries regarding the Dietician Grade 1 vacancy at King Edward Hospital, please contact: Dr. S.A. Moodley Tel No: 031 360 3854