If you are interested in working in a healthcare sector and you are into administrative work, then you may be appealed by Financial Clerk vacant position offered at Steve Biko Academic Hospital. This position is offered to everyone, even those without any working experience or skills. If you believe that you meet the requirements, and you are able to handle the pressure, then this position may give you the professional opportunity that you want.
About the Position
This Financial Clerk position at Steve Biko Academic Hospital is set at an entry level which means that candidates don’t need to have any prior working or professional experience to send their application. Based on Reference Number of SBAH 19/2020, this full time job will report to Finance Management. Candidates are offered a level 5 salary of R173 703 per year and also benefits. Through this position, candidates should gain the skills and expertise they want.
All vacancies set up their own standard of qualifications. In order to qualify for this Financial Clerk position, there are several basic requirements that all candidates must meet. They are:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charge
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They must have a Matric certificate. Any post Matric qualification within Finance subject will be a plus
Candidates with these extra competencies will have an added benefit:
- They have the comprehensive knowledge in Basic Accounting System as well as Accounting (BAS) and SAP as well as good understanding of PFMA
- They must have a good customer service skill. It includes the experience in telephone etiquette, client liaison, and also good communication skills. The ability to communicate within all levels would be a great advantage
- They must be able to use Excel
- A good knowledge and understanding of numeracy, Computer Literacy (especially in spreadsheets techniques), and Treasury Regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates are expected to meet certain roles and obligations within the position. In general, they will be responsible for:
- Managing supplier payments
- Processing journals
- Handling petty cash
- Compiling BAS/SAP, BAS/MEDSAS, and BAS/PERSAL reconciliation
How to Apply
Interested candidates must download the Z83 application form first before completing and signing it. The link for the download is here. If they can’t download it, they can obtain it from any Public Service Department. Be sure that they include the information about the Reference Number properly. When they submit the form, they have to accompany it with the supporting documents – consisting of an updated and comprehensive CV, a certified copy of South African ID document, and certified copies of qualifications or certificates. These certifications must not be older than 3 months.
They can send it to Steve Biko Academic Hospital at Private Bag x169, Pretoria 0001. Or they can hand deliver it to Cnr Malherbe & Steve Biko Road, Main Entrance at Level 3. The deadline is on March the 13th 2020. Any late submission will lead to the application for this Financial Clerk position being ignored and automatically rejected.