Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have the passion in Accounting or at least in the Financial Sector and you want to work in one of the government’s departments in South Africa, you may be interested in State Accountant position that will be responsible for budgeting reporting and monitoring. This position is permanent and it is confirmed by reference number of WCG190227-2 and the tracking number of DSD 2019-32.
About the Position
Western Cape Department of Social Development is offering a vacant position to the qualified and promising candidate to be located in their department in Cape Town, Western Cape. The candidate will get a salary level 8 that reaches up to R 316 791 a year. The individual will be responsible for helping the existing staff or team in budget compilation. The task also includes the registration of BAS approved budget as well as the evaluation, maintenance of the expenditure (against the budget), and the monitoring. That’s why the successful candidate must have a good analytical and interpersonal problem-solving ability.
There are some general, as well as some specific, requirements that all candidates must meet in order to be eligible for the State Accountant position. The general requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Matric and have the certificate
- They must have B-Degree or National Diploma or even Higher in Finance Accounting – with the minimum 3-year tertiary qualification
- They must have at least 3 years of experience within the relevant fields or subjects
Candidates with these extra skills will have the benefits of priority:
- The knowledge of OPTI, PFMA, DORA, NTR, and departmental delegations and instructions
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Knowledge of financial statements compilation, budget process, and report writing
- Good mathematical and numeric skills
- Analytical problem solving
- Good communication skills within 2 out of 3 official languages in Western Cape
The successful candidate for State Accountant position will be responsible for:
- Managing and compiling Mid Term Expenditure Framework and departmental budget process
- Helping with the Financial Circulars compilation as well as final MTEF budget
- HR administration and subordinates supervision
- Evaluating and compiling departments revenue budget and reports
How to Apply
Interested candidates must understand that the application only takes place online – there is no other method. Shortlisted and successful candidates are screened only through online processing. Candidates are expected to visit this site where they need to register and create an account. The account will give them a direct access to the application form which they have to complete.
After the completion of the application form, it is possible that they will be asked to provide supporting documents which generally cover these items although not only limited to them:
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of Diploma or qualifications or tertiary education certificates
- An updated CV
The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Candidates with questions about the detailed of the State Accountant position or the application process can reach out to Ms J Abercrombie at (021) 483 3927.