The Department of Agriculture in Western Cape is opening a position for Production Level Scientist Agricultural Economics position within their department. The position is a contract type that will last for 12 months, confirmed by the tracking number of AGR 2019-71 and reference number of WCG191204-3. The position is located in Elsenburg in Western Cape.
About the Position
Western Cape Department of Agriculture has opened the employment vacant position for the competent and potential individual to take part in the advanced assessment, research, innovation, evaluation, and also provide support and advice for the agri-processing development sector in Western Cape area.
The salary depends on the Grade of the candidate. Grade A would get the range from R 618732 to R 666 540, while Grade B would get between R707451 and R 754 953. Grade C would get between R797 670 and R 939 621. Basically, the higher the qualification is, the higher the salary would be.
All candidates must meet the general and basic requirements in order to be eligible for this Production Level Scientist Agricultural Economics position. The general requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have Science Degree (Bachelor or Honour) or BSc Agriculture or the relevant qualifications recognized by SACNASP or South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions allowing the professional registration
- They have a valid and working driving license code B
- They have been professional registered as Natural Scientist within Animal Science subject
- They have the experience within Natural Scientific subject for at least 3 years
- They have MSc degree (or the equivalent qualification) within Food Science
- They have the experience in product improvement and development
Candidates with the following competencies will have a plus benefit:
- Familiar with scientific models and methodologies
- Have good communication skill in verbal and written form
- Have good (and proven) computer literacy in MS Office that covers PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
The candidate for Production Level Scientist Agricultural Economics position would be responsible for:
- Doing research that will undertake advanced research for new products development
- Performing capacity building that includes support, on-site advice, and also training
- Performing administrative duties, including human capital development functions
How to Apply
Interested candidates must be aware that the application will take place online and there is no other way to submit the application. Candidates are expected to visit this site and then create an account. Once they have done it, they can complete the application as well as completing the supporting documents. The supporting documents generally cover these items but not limited to them. It is possible that shortlisted candidates would be asked to provide more documentation as they move forward.
The supporting documents may include:
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- A certified copy of Tecnical Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications or Diploma
- An updated CV
Be advised that shortlisted candidates may have to go through interview session and also competency assessment. The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Candidates who still have further questions about the Production Level Scientist Agricultural Economics position or want to know the details can always contact Ms L Thabethe at (021) 8087733.