If you want to develop your professional skills in National Parks in South Africa, then you should consider taking part in South African National Park Internship program for the 2020 period. If you have the passion in environment, this program would be an ideal one for you. Candidates are expected to gain improved knowledge while enhancing their experience at the same time through this program. By the time they complete the program, they should have greater improved abilities and skills.
Table of Contents
About the Program
This full time South African National Park Internship program will take place in Pretoria, South Africa. This program is designed for graduates having completed their tertiary subjects and qualifications. The National Parks is inviting candidates so they can be placed in the site. The program lasts for one year (12 months) and candidates will be rewarded R 5000.00 for their monthly stipend.
Be advised that the National Parks doesn’t have any obligation or whatsoever to employ the interns after they have completed the program. However, it is possible that they may choose to employ one based on the superb qualifications and skills.
To qualify for this South African National Park Internship program, candidates must meet these requirements:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must be unemployed
- They must be under 35 years of age
- They must not have any criminal record or pending charge
- They must have completed a tertiary study or qualification successfully at a reputable and accredited Tertiary Institution within the mentioned fields of study.
- They must not have taken part in any internship program or been employed
Candidates are expected to take these fields of study:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Journalism/ Communications Sciences/ Public Relations
- Accounting Sciences
- Information Technology – specializing in Network Security
How to Apply
Candidates must send their application to [email protected]. Within the application, candidates must indicate clearly the relevant subject or field of study. They must also include the supporting documents, which may include:
- Certified copies of academic qualifications
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A certified copy of Grade 12 or Matric certificate
- A copy of the recent and updated CV
Be advised that these certified copies must not be older than 3 months. And keep in mind that the failure to submit these required documents will lead to their applications being ignored and rejected.
Here are some important considerations:
- Candidates must be advised that once they submit the application, they should be willing for selection interview and further assessment checking – the place, date, and time would be set by South African National Parks
- Candidates who have foreign qualifications must contact SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) for the evaluate
- Any manual application won’t be accepted or considered.
- In the event that chosen candidates are coming from other areas, they must be willing to reside in the area – transportation and accommodation are their own responsibilities
The deadline is on March the 12th 2020. Candidates who have further questions about this South African National Park Internship program or simply want to learn more about it can always contact Nomawethu Dudumashe at (012) 426 5041.