If you want to have a professional career and job and yet you don’t have any working experience or whatsoever, no need to worry because you can apply for Human Resource Clerk within the entry level job. If you have the passion in Human Resource and you want to improve yourself (personally and professionally), this would be the perfect opportunity for you.
Table of Contents
About the Position
The Human Resource Clerk position is offered full time at Steve Biko Academic Hospital. As an entry level job, it means that candidates must not have any working experience before so everyone is allowed to apply.
Based on the Reference Number of SBAH 17/2020 of Human Resource Management Directorate, the position is offered a salary of R173 703 per year with benefits. The chosen candidates will be placed at Steve Biko Center in Pretoria.
These are some general requirements that candidates must meet to qualify for the Human Resource Clerk position, such as:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charge
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They must have Matric certificate or a National Diploma in Human Resource Management
In terms of competencies, candidates are expected to have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizing and planning skills
- Impressive working ethics
- The ability to work in a stressful condition or under pressure
- The ability to work with computers, especially having good knowledge in MS Office (including Excel and Word)
- the knowledge of legislative framework, such as Skills Development Act, Public Regulations, Public Service Act, Employment Equity Act, and Basic Conditions of Employment Act
The Duties and Responsibilities
The chosen candidate would be responsible for:
- Providing accurate advice or information to all stakeholders
- Maintaining filing and record keeping
- Implementing Selection and Recruitment procedures and policies while maintaining confidentiality at the same time
- Implementing conditions of the service as well as the benefits
- Addressing Human Resource matter and administration enquiries as well as performing other duties delegated by the supervisors
- Monitoring the establishment
- Administering the functions and operations of Human Resource within the institution
- Attending sectional meeting
- Accepting responsibilities given by the supervisors (from time to time) as well as reporting to the supervisor
How to Apply
Candidates are expected to download the application form first (link can be found here) and then complete it. They can also get one from Public Service Department (any of them). After completing the form and sign it, they can submit it with the supporting document. The supporting documents include a certified copy of South African ID document, certified copies of qualifications, and an updated CV. The certification mustn’t be older than 3 months. Be advised that application form that doesn’t have the supporting documents would be automatically rejected.
Candidates can send the application to Steve Biko Academic Hospital at Private Bag X169, Pretoria 0001. They can also hand deliver it to Cnr Malherbe & Steve Biko Road, Main Entrance at Level 3. The deadline is on March the 13th 2020. Any late submission for this Human Resource Clerk position won’t be addressed or considered, so make sure to submit it long before the deadline.