Western Cape Provincial Treasury Government is encouraging and welcoming candidates to fill in the vacant position of Local Government Revenue Analyst. With Tracking Number of PT 05/2020 and Reference Number of WCG200218-1, the position is open to the potential and qualified applicants. The position will be open at Provincial Treasury and the chosen candidates will get level 9 salary.
Table of Contents
About the Position
This is a permanent job type that is designed for dedicated and reliable candidates. There will be 2 positions made available for the job, located in Cape Town in Western Cape. The government is offering an employment opportunity for the competent and qualified people so they can join the team. The candidate is offered a salary level 9 around R376 596 per year. It includes medical assistance, pension-fund contribution, 13th check, housing assistance, and much more.
The requirements for this Local Government Revenue Analyst position are:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charge
- They must have a 3-year of B-Degree or National Diploma in Internal Auditing, Accounting, Economics, or Finance
- They must have at least 3 years of working experience within a finance department
- They must have a valid and legal driving license code B
Candidates who have these extra qualifications will get the extra benefits. The extra qualifications include:
- The background in financial sector, especially within Local Government
- The experience in coordination and budget analysis
- The financial experience in the Public Sector department
For competencies, candidates with these qualities can have bigger chances to be accepted:
- The knowledge of financial standards and norms, and also Acts, including DoRA, PFMA, MFMA, and also Circulars and Regulations (within provincial and local scope).
- The knowledge of budget procedures and process
- Proven computer literacy within MS Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Good writing skills, especially for writing reports
- Good interpretation to numbers and also impressive attention to detail
- Strategic planning ability and skills
- Good ability in working in a stressful environment, meeting deadlines, and dealing with constant pressure
- Good communication skills within verbal and written skills – at least able to speak two from three official languages in Western Cape
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and manage municipal budgets related to expenditure and revenue management
- Assess MFMA implementation against the framework
- Conduct and assist with municipal visits
- Compile monitoring assessments quarterly, monthly, and also bi-annual within a year
- Provide research and also technical assistance to the Municipalities
- Assist with the training and also other supports for municipalities
- Help with Municipal IGR functions arrangement
How to Apply
Candidates will have to go through the application process online. And the admission board will only accept the online submission. After the candidates are shortlisted, they will have to provide the supporting documents that include certified copies of South African ID document, qualifications and certificates, and also a copy of updated CV. Check this link to learn more about it.
The deadline is on March the 16th 2020. Be advised that any late submission won’t be considered or accepted. Candidates who want to learn more about the Local Government Revenue Analyst position can always contact Mr. E Johannes at (021) 483 4229.