If you have knacks for Information Technology then apply for the Senior Practitioner vacancy at Department of E-Government. This vacant position is available for Desktop Support within the Infrastructure directorate. Don’t forget to quote the reference number of this post, REFS/003507, within your application form if interested!
The vacant Senior Practitioner position at Department of E-Government is available in Johannesburg. The future qualified incumbent will receive an attractive salary that’s worth R 299 709 per year plus benefits. In order to be eligible for the job, candidates must possess at least a Matric certificate plus 5 or 6 years of working experience in Desktop Support or IT environment. Alternatively, having a matric certificate accompanied by a National Diploma in IT with one or two years of working experience is acceptable as well. Furthermore, it would certainly be an added advantage if you have knowledge of operating Microsoft MCSE or MCSA. Having previous experience in a customer service role is expected when applying for Senior Practitioner vacancy at Department of E-Government.
Required competencies and skills:
- Working knowledge of various software packages, especially MS Office
- Well-developed IT skills
- Good computer literacy
- Provide support end-user devices, applications and software
- Be responsible for resolving support requests and meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands
- Resolve and diagnose software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Mac and Windows) as well as across a range of software applications
- Help all users with any logged IT related incidents when needed
- Take ownership of problems by carrying out problem analysis to apply permanent or temporary fixes with the goal of restoring service to the customer immediately
- Record, document and update requests accurately using the IT service desk system
- Configure and install new IT equipment
- Upgrade various types of hardware and software and resolve incidents
- Resolve incidents with copiers, printers and scanners
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service and make sure all customers are treated in an appropriate manner and efficiently
- Maintain good verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with staff
- Publish, maintain and create relevant support documentation to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their service requests and incidents along with enabling users to become more self-sufficient
To apply for the Senior Practitioner vacancy at Department of E-Government, please forward the following documents:
- Z83 application form
- Comprehensive CV
- Original certified copy of ID document, and qualifications. Certification that is more than 6 months old will not be accepted
- SAQA evaluation reports of foreign qualifications if any
To: Gauteng Department of e-Government, Imbumba House, 75 Fox Street, Marshalltown, 2107
Alternatively, application can also be done online here. Make sure to apply before December 14, 2018 as no late applications will be regarded by the hiring department.
It is also the Department of E-Government’s intention to promote equality within the workplace through the filing of all numeric targets as stated in the Employment Equity Plan. Therefore, an indication of gender, race and disability status is necessary.
For any enquiries, please refer to: Mr Themba Psungo Tel No: (011) 689 6980