Applications are now invited for the Senior Finance Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence. The successful incumbent will work within the Finance Management division for the Budgeting Chief Directorate (Fleet Command Budget Management). Quote the reference number of this post, CFO 19/18, should you be interested in applying for the position.
Description of the Job
The future qualified incumbent will receive a level five salary which is worth R 163 563 per year. This vacant position is available in Simon’s Town (Cape Town). All interested applicants are required to hold at least a Grade 12 certificate with Accounting or Finance related subjects for it will serve as the minimum educational requirement. No fancy degree or national diploma is mandatory. However, candidates are required to have the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to interpret and understand basic financial policy
- Sound knowledge of PFMA and financial policy
- Sound reasoning, problem solving and mathematical skills
- Computer literacy
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compile effective statistics and reports
- Trustworthy, loyal and honest
- Receptive to ideas and suggestions
- Persevering or decisive in terms of task finalisation and ability to work effectively under pressure
Recommendation: successful completion of the budget management courses and basic knowledge of the budget process.
Advantage: post-matric qualification in finance, a minimum of one year relevant experience and a valid RSA driver’s license or military driver’s license.
Once you are qualified for the Finance Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence, you will be involved in the following key performance areas:
- Assist in historical information, expenditure information and statistics for the Fleet Budget Manager
- Assist in preparing various budgetary or financial reports and statistics along with managing an effective internal registry for outgoing or incoming correspondence
- Maintain a filing system for the Fleet Budget Manager
- Deliver or collect budget related documentation to and from other formations, divisions, sections and directorates
- Assist management with regard to general administrative functions at Fleet Budget Management office
- Compile and prepare budgetary and expenditure control documentation, such as expenditure report, expenditure graphs, monthly financial reports, and financial authority
- Maintain a register of funds re-allocations as well as FA applications along with updating the database on the FMS
- Help with the preparation of monthly Early Warning Reports
- Assist in the management of logistical and stationary requirements of fleet budget manager and take roll call of Fleet Budget Management Office
Applications for the Senior Finance Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence must be submitted via post to: : Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X 137, Pretoria, 0001
Alternatively, you can also hand deliver it to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception.
Please include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- Certified copies of ID and qualifications. Include a certified copy of driver’s license if any
- A CV
The closing date for application is on February 22, 2019 and no late submission will be taken into consideration.
For more information, please consult: Ms R.E. Mamaguvhi Tel No: (012) 339 4202