Two vacant Artisan Grade A positions are now open for applications at Government of Printing Works. The open positions are for Electrical and Mechanical, one of each. The successful incumbents will be stationed at the Head Office in Pretoria. If you are interested in these Artisan (Production) Grade A vacancies at Government Printing Works, apply today!
Table of Contents
Candidates are required to quote the reference number of their preferred position within their application form:
- Mechanical: GPW 19/12
- Electrical: GPW 19/11
Both positions offer salary amounting to R 179 523 annually. The minimum educational requirement is a Grade 10 certificate accompanied by a completed apprenticeship in Mechanical or Engineering. Should you be in a possession of a Grade 12 qualification then it will serve as an added advantage. Knowledge of commercial printing processes will also serve as a strong recommendation for the Artisan (Production) Grade A vacancies at Government Printing Works.
Both positions share similar key performance areas as follows:
- Be responsible for the ensuring of proper maintenance, installations, repair, operation and testing of printing or commercial electrical/mechanical equipment
- Be responsible for the maintenance of general mechanical/electrical equipment
- Be responsible for preventive maintenance of printing equipment
- Be responsible for adhering to all planned and corrective maintenance
- Be responsible for reporting any equipment or machine deficiencies
- Be responsible for adhering to occupational health and safety practices and promote good housekeeping on a daily basis
Forward your application to: The Branch: Human Resources, Government Printing Works, 149 Bosman Street, Pretoria or Private Bag X85, Pretoria, 0001
For attention: Ms M Mbokane, Human Resources Tel No: 012 748 6296
Please submit your application no later than March 11, 2019 at 12:00.
Include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form which must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed
- A CV
- Certified copies of ID document, a valid driver’s license (if any) and all qualifications
- A SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications if any
The employing department holds the full right not to fill in any appointment should it be deemed necessary.
All shortlisted applicants must make themselves available for interviews on a time and date as determined by the hiring department.
Following the interview as well as technical exercise, candidates will also be subjected to a generic management competency evaluation (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the Implementation of Competency-based assessments).
All the qualified candidates will be needed to enter in a performance agreement and an employment contract (as relevant) and they must also obtain a positive security clearance.
All applications submitted after the stipulated closing date will not be regarded. This also applies to submissions that do not comply with the above requirements. If you have yet to receive any notifications from the employing department in three months after the closing date has passed, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
In case you need further information regarding the Artisan (Production) Grade A vacancies at Government Printing Works, please refer to: Mr K Rahlogo Tel No: (012) 748 6312.