If you have passion in accounting and would love to start your career in this field then this Senior Accounting Clerk vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation is the right job for you! The vacant position is available for the Chief Operations Office branch within the Financial Management (WTE) sub division. Apply before December 14, 2018!
Table of Contents
Please mention the reference number of this post within your application form, 141218/27. The future incumbent will receive a level five salary that amounts to R 163 563 annually. He/she will be stationed in East London. In order to be eligible for this position, candidates must hold at least a Grade 12 certificate (Standard 10) plus one or two years of working experience in financial administration environment. The latter is not mandatory but would certainly be an added advantage.
The Senior Accounting Clerk vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation requires applicants to have the following knowledge:
- Administrative procedures
- Financial legislation
- Basic financial management
- Basic knowledge management
Furthermore, it is essential that candidates have these skills and competencies:
- Problem solving ability
- Client orientation
- Customer focus
- Ethical conduct
- Good communication skills
- Record on invoice register
- Receive invoices
- Capture and check transactions on SAP and PERSAL
- Capture and check Sundry Payments
- Request reports on SAP and PERSAL
- Prepare journals when needed
- Manage cashier’s functions
- Be responsible for the safekeeping of cash
- Check petty cash issued and replenish it when needed
- Manage payroll administration
- Distribute salary and supplementary payslips to officials
- Update registers
- Gather Sundry payments
- Help with clearing along with the monthly reporting of suspense account
- Make sure all monthly statement for creditors are properly reconciled
- Collect monthly reports
How to apply
Applications for Senior Accounting Clerk vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation must be directed via post to: Private Bag X 7485, King Williams Town, 5600
You may also hand deliver it at: 2 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town 5600.
For attention, please refer to: Ms T Solwandle Tel No: 043 604 5476
Please, ensure your application is complete and consists of:
- Z83 application form which must be signed and completed
- A comprehensive resume
- Original certified copy of ID document and qualifications (must not be copies of certified copies)
Should you be in possession of foreign qualifications, please have them evaluated by SAQA and attach the evaluation report within your application.
The Department of Water and Sanitation is not accepting applications submitted via facsimile or email. The hiring department will also limit any sort of correspondence to applicants who have been shortlisted only. If you have yet to hear from the department in two months after December 14, 2018, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply. This also applies to everyone who is not employed by the Public Service Departments. If deemed necessary, the Department of Water and Sanitation will not make an appointment.
Should you need further assistance regarding this vacancy, please contact: Ms AB Ngcebetsha Tel No: (043) 701 0376