Individuals who wish to seek a secretarial position can now apply for the Secretary vacancy at Department of Defence. Please include this reference number, DHRSP/34/18, within your application form should you be interested in applying for the position!
Table of Contents
Qualified incumbent will receive a level 5 salary which is worth R 163 563 per annum in value. This vacant position is available for the Human Resource Strategy and Planning directorate within the Department of Defence. Suitable candidate will be stationed in Erasmuskloof, Pretoria. To be eligible for this position, candidates must hold at least a Grade 12 or senior position or its equivalent accompanied by a Secretarial Services certificate. Furthermore, it is also expected that applicants also possess one or two years of prior secretarial experience at Middle Management as well as Senior Management Level, preferably in the Military environment.
The Secretary vacancy at Department of Defence requires you to have special skills of the following:
- Computer literacy such as MS package
- Excellent typing skills
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written
- Innovative and analytical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Outstanding secretarial skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to act with discretion and tact
- High level of reliability
- Be responsible for providing secretarial support to the Director as well as the Directorate
- Arrange conferences, workshops and meetings along with refreshments
- Manage the Director diary
- Be responsible for the transferring and screening of telephone calls
- Make sure that required documentation is ready in advance for director’s action
- Register outgoing and incoming documents
- Follow-up on expected or outstanding documents
- Follow-up on outstanding documents for delivery
- Maintain a professional approach and image
- Distribute documents to relevant recipients
- Capture outgoing and incoming documents as well as keep record of it through filing system
- Obtain quotations and make arrangements and bookings for directorate’s social events
- Initiate the process of an event
- Execution of the director liaison function by internal liaison with members as well as external one on behalf of the director
How to Apply
Application for the Secretary vacancy at Department of Defence must be forwarded by hand delivering it to: Directorate Human Resource Strategy and Planning, Cnr Nossop & Boeing Street, Armscor Building (Defence Reception), Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, 0001
Or, direct it via post to: Department of Defence, Directorate Human Resource Strategy and Planning, Private Bag X159, Pretoria, 0001
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2018 by including these important documentations:
- Z83 application form which must be signed and dated originally.
- Original certified copy of ID, and all educational and relevant qualifications
- A detailed resume covering your full particulars of qualifications, training, knowledge, competencies and experience
If you fail to comply with the aforementioned instructions, it will lead to your submission being disqualified. No faxed and late application will be accepted by the Department of Defence.
Should you wish to withdraw your submission, please do it in writing. Under no circumstances will faxed or Photostat copies of any application document be regarded.
For further information, please contact: Col L. Mandindi, Tel No: (012) 355 5883