The Department of Defence is now looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the Secretary vacancy at Defence International Affairs directorate. This position is stationed in Erasmuskloof, Pretoria. If you would like to apply, please submit your application before November 30, 2018!
Table of Contents
This secretarial position offers a level 5 salary amounting to R 163 563 per annum. Please include the reference number of this post DIA/30/18 on your application form. Candidates must be in possession of at least a Senior certificate or Grade 12 in order to be eligible for this position. Furthermore, it would be an advantage if you have a Secretarial or Office Management diploma along with one or two years of relevant working experience.
Skills needed for the Secretary vacancy at Defence International Affairs are as follows:
- Computer literacy such as MS package
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good typing skills
- Analytical thinking
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to act with discretion and tact
- High level of reliability
Key performance areas
- Record appointments and events
- Manage the Director’s diary
- Make sure there is effective flow of documents and information from and to the Director’s office
- Refer and receive telephone calls to the correct role players
- Type and write documents, letters, memorandums and reports
- Attend to classified documents and files
- Gather agendas
- Take minutes during meetings
- Invite role players, identify venues, organise refreshments as well as set up schedules for events and meetings
- Keep an effective filing system
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for visitors of the office
- Remain abreast with the processes and procedures that govern the office of the Director as well as the entire Department
- Distribute minutes, information and decisions effectively and make follow up if needed
- Scrutinise documents to determine appropriate information and action required for meetings
Submit your application either via post to: Department of Defence, Defence International Affairs Division, Private Bag X 910, Pretoria, 0001
Or, alternatively, hand deliver to: Defence International Affairs Division, Cnr Nossop & Boeing Street, Armscor Building (Defence Reception) Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, 0001
Please attach the following mandatory materials within your application. Any missing items will result in your application being disregarded.
- Z83 application form which must be signed and dated originally.
- Original certified copy of ID, and all educational and relevant qualifications
- A comprehensive CV covering your full particulars of qualifications, training, knowledge, competencies and experience
Failure in complying with the aforementioned instructions, it will lead to your submission being disqualified. No faxed and late application will be accepted by the Department of Defence. Qualified incumbent will be required to undergo Personnel Suitability Checks and security clearance processes.
Should you wish to withdraw your submission, please do it in writing. Under no circumstances will faxed or Photostat copies of any application document be regarded. If you have yet to receive correspondence in three weeks after the deadline, which means your application was unsuccessful.
For more information on Secretary vacancy at Defence International Affairs, please refer to: Mr T.E. Bogopane Tel No: (012) 355 5435 Mr K. Davhana Tel No: (012) 355 5859