If you wish to pursue a professional career in secretarial environment then you might want to know that the Department of Defence is now hiring for a Secretary position. The vacant position is available within the Defence Intelligence Division, in Pretoria. Please include the reference number of this post, DI/14/19, within your application form if you wish to apply for the Secretary vacancy at Department of Defence.
Table of Contents
The successful candidate will be entitled to a level five salary which is worth R 163 563 per year. In order to be eligible for the position, candidates must be in possession of at least a Grade 12 certificate with typing as a subject or any other training course or qualification which will enable them to perform satisfactorily. No previous working experience is compulsory, but having prior secretarial experience will be an advantage.
Special requirements or skills needed for the Secretary vacancy at Department of Defence are as follows:
- Knowledge of general office administration and ability to operate an efficient and organised office
- Computer literacy (Ms Office Suite)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- communication skills
- Ability to act withdiscretion and fact
- Good typing and co-ordination
- Sound organisational skills
Furthermore, qualified applicant must be able to obtain Secret Security Clearance within a year.
- Responsible for keeping and updating director’s diary
- Responsible for arranging appointments for members and other stakeholders in the hiring department
- Responsible for rendering personal assistance and support service to the director, such as taking of agendas, minutes, memos, confirmatory notes, letters and the transcription thereof
- Responsible for setting up schedules for events and meetings
- Responsible for handling classified documents
- Responsible for assisting with travel arrangements as well as processing subsistence and travel advances and claims for the director
- Responsible for arranging parking for visitors
- Responsible for managing general office duties
- Responsible for managing and accepting incoming and outgoing documents and files
- Responsible for removing outgoing files and letters from director’s office and distributing them
- Responsible for providing a reception, communication as well as coordination service
- Responsible for providing an office security service
Applications for the Secretary vacancy at Department of Defence must be forwarded no later than March 1, 2019 via post to: Department of Defence, Defence Intelligence Division, Private Bag X367, Pretoria, 0001. (278 Madiba Street, Liberty Building).
For attention: Ms T.C. Nkopane, Tel (012) 315-0508
Kindly note that late or faxed submissions will not be taken into account.
Your application must contain:
- Z83 application form
- Original certified copies of ID, and all qualifications
- A CV
Individuals not employed by the Public Service or Department of Defence are welcome to apply.
If you have yet to hear from the employing department in three months after the deadline has passed, you may assume your application as unsuccessful. Due to the large volume of submissions anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged. Furthermore, any sort of correspondence for this post will be limited to applicants who are shortlisted only.
For more information regarding this vacancy, please refer to: Ms T.C. Nkopane, Tel No: (012) 315-0508