Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Defence is now accepting applications for the Secretary vacancy at Bank of Lisbon, in Pretoria. The qualified incumbent will be working under the Human Resource Career Management Directorate. Please quote the reference number of this post, DCM/01/19, within your application form if interested.
The qualified candidate will receive a level five salary which amounts to R 163 563 annually. The minimum educational requirement needed to be eligible for the position is a Grade 12 certificate with typing as a subject. However, any other qualification or training course which will enable the applicant to perform the work satisfactorily is also acceptable.
The Secretary vacancy at Bank of Lisbon requires all applicants to have the following special skills and competencies:
- Computer literacy (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Good telephone etiquette
- Ability to communicate well with people at any levels or from various backgrounds
- Language skills
- Sound organisational skills
- Good people skills
- Basic written communication ability
- High level of reliability
- Ability to act with discretion and tact
- Good presentation and grooming
Key performance areas:
- Responsible for providing a secretarial support service to the manager
- Responsible for receiving telephone calls and referring the calls to the correct role players
- Responsible for recording appointments and events in the diary of the manager
- Responsible for typing documents for the manager and other staff in the unit on a word processor
- Responsible for operating office equipment like photocopiers and fax machines
- Responsible for providing a clerical support service to the manager
- Responsible for liaising with travel agencies to make travel arrangements
- Responsible for checking the arrangements when the relevant documents are received
- Responsible for arranging events and meetings for the manager and the staff in the unit
- Responsible for identifying venues, inviting role players, organising refreshments and setting up schedules for events and meetings
- Responsible for processing the travel and subsistence claims for the unit
- Responsible for handling the procurement of standard items like refreshments, stationary, etc.
- Responsible for collecting all relevant documents to enable the manager to prepare for meetings
- Responsible for remaining up to date with regard to policies or prescripts and procedures applicable to his or her work terrain to ensure effective and efficient support to the manager
- Responsible for remaining abreast with the procedures and processes that apply in the manager’s office
Please apply for the Secretary vacancy at Bank of Lisbon no later than March 1, 2019 via post to: Department of Defence, Directorate Human Resource Career Management, Private Bag X976, Pretoria, 0001
Or, you can also hand deliver it to: Bank of Lisbon Building, Corner Paul Kruger & Visagie Street, (Defence Reception), Pretoria, 0001
Your application must contain:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copies of ID and qualifications
No faxed or late submission will be taken into consideration. If you haven’t yet heard from the hiring department in three months after the deadline has passed, you may assume your application as unsuccessful.
In case you need further information, please contact: Ms M.J. Moreki Tel No: (012) 339 5571.