Applications are now invited for the Operator: Construction (Eden) vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works. The hiring department is accepting applications from anyone with at least a Grade 10 qualification. Mention the reference number of this post, TPW 2019-24, within your application form if interested!
Table of Contents
This position offers a level 4 salary which amounts to R 136 800 annually. The employing Department of Transport and Public Works is one within the Western Cape Government. All interested candidates must be in possession of at least a Grade 10 qualification or its qualification. This job also requires applicants to have at least three years of relevant experience in the relevant field. Having a valid unendorsed code EC1 or EC driving license with a professional drivers permit is also mandatory.
Additionally, qualifications in construction unit standards accredited with the relevant SETA on NQF level 1 and higher would serve as a strong recommendation for the position. Below are the inherent competencies and skills needed for the Operator: Construction (Eden) vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works:
- Knowledge of the supervisory experience in maintenance or construction environment
- Experience in civil construction activities
- Good organising and planning skills
- Good communication skills in two or three official languages of the Western Cape
- Responsible for building, repairing and maintaining roads as well as road infrastructure
- Responsible for repairing, building and maintaining roads shoulders, drainage structures and waterways
- Responsible for maintaining and operating vehicles, machines and aids which are used for road construction as well as maintenance work
- responsible for operating various types of construction machines, such as front-end loader, grader, digger loader, bulldozer, water truck, excavator, roller, grass cutting machine, crane truck and tractor with broom
- responsible for disciplining subordinates as well as applying proper labour relations
- responsible for giving training to Road workers
- responsible for undertaking the safeguarding of work areas and machines in terms of the Health and Safety act
How and When to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their applications via one of the following acceptable methods:
PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville, 7536.
- hand delivery
(Between 08:00 am to 17:00 pm): Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530,
Kindly note that you are allowed to use one application platform. For manual applications, you must include:
- z83 application form
- A CV (5 pages max.)
- Certified copies of academic qualifications, ID and proof of other requirements
The closing date for applications is on February 25, 2019. Correspondence for the Operator: Construction (Eden) vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. These candidates will also be required to be available for a selection interview on a date and time as determined by the employing department.
In case you need further information, please refer to: Mr D Plaatjies at (044) 272 3699.
Technical support is available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 in case you encounter any difficulties with your online application, contact the Helpline: 0861 370 202.