The Western Cape Government is now accepting applications for the Operator (Carpenter) vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works. The vacant position is for Road Construction (Winelands). Your application form must include the reference number of this post, TPW 2019-02.
Table of Contents
The successful incumbent will be entitled to a level four salary which amounts to R 136 800 annually. The minimum educational requirement for the position is a Grade 10 certificate or any of its equivalent qualification. This educational qualification must be accompanied by at least three years of relevant experience. Furthermore, all interested candidates are also required to be in possession of a valid driving license EC or EC1 along with a Professional Driving Permit.
Experience in the operating of minor construction machines as well as in civil construction activities would definitely serve as a strong recommendation.
The Operator (Carpenter) vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works requires all candidates to have the following skills and competencies:
- Working knowledge of maintenance, building and reparation of roads
- Knowledge of bitumen products, applicable legal aspects and concrete work
- Communication skills in two or three official languages of the Western Cape
- Organising and planning ability
- People management skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for rendering routine maintenance work on concrete structure
- Responsible for construction of new concrete structures with the ability to read drawings as well as bending schedules
- Responsible for installing staging, shuttering, reinforcement, pouring, mixing and finishing concrete
- Responsible for the requisition of materials
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of plant (poker, concrete mixer, drill, vibrator; flat truck, and skill saw, etc.
- Responsible for supervision of staff
- Responsible for administrative duties such as completion of toolbox talks and logs
- Responsible for traffic accommodation according to SARTSM
You can submit your application for the Operator (Carpenter) vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works via one of the following methods:
PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville, 7536.
- Hand delivery
(Between 08:00 am to 17:00 pm): Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530,
All manual applications must include the following documents:
- Z83 application form
- A CV (make sure it does not exceed 5 pages)
- Original certified copies of ID and all qualifications
Kindly note that you must use only one application platform. Please submit your application no later than February 25, 2019 as no late submission will be taken into consideration. Applicants from relevant local communities will receive preference.
Any sort of correspondence will be limited to candidates who are shortlisted only. Shortlisted applicants will also be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification evaluation. These applicants will also be needed to be available for further selection interviews on a time and place as determined by the hiring department.
Technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 in case you encounter any difficulties with your online application, contact the Helpline: 0861 370 202
For more information, please consult: Mr S Jacobs at (021) 863 2020.