The Western Cape Government is looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Community Safety. If you feel like your qualifications suit this position, then you might be the candidate they are looking for. This could very well be the stepping stone to bigger things in your career, so your application is very much awaited. Please quote the reference number of this post, CS 2019-04, within your application form if interested.
The successful incumbent will be entitled to a level 7 salary which amounts to R 242 475 per annum. In order to be eligible for the position, you must hold at least a Grade 12 certificate which serves as the minimum educational requirement. Any other equivalent qualification is also acceptable. Furthermore, this qualification must be accompanied by either a certificate or National Diploma in Secretarial or Office Administration. All interested candidates are also expected to have at least three years of relevant experience in rendering support services to Senior Management.
The Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Community Safety requires all candidates to have the following competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of prescripts, policies, procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of financial management and administration
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Understanding of systems, functioning and processes of government
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in two or three official languages of the Western Cape
- Great telephone etiquette
- Great organising, planning and report writing skills
- High levels of assertiveness as well as professionalism
Once you are qualified for the position, below are some of the key performance areas you will be responsible for:
- Providing a receptionist or secretarial support service to the Manager
- Rendering administrative support services, including procurement
- Providing support to the manager with the administration of the budget
- Analysing the relevant public service and departmental policies or prescripts as well as other documents and ensuring the application is thereof understood properly
How to Apply
If you wish to submit an application for the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Community Safety, please make sure you apply no later than February 25, 2019.
The mode of application is online. Note that, only applications submitted online will be taken into consideration. Commence your application here.
All candidates who have been shortlisted will then be required to submit copies of their documents, such as original certified copies of ID and qualifications, for verification purposes.
These candidates will also be required to be available in order to attend selection interviews on a time and date as determined by the Department of Community Safety.
It is your responsibility as a candidate to ensure a timely submission. No late applications will be regarded.
In case you encounter any difficulties with your online application, you are free to consult with the department’s technical support which is always available from Monday to Friday every 8:00 until 16:00. Please contact the helpline at 0861 370 202
For more information, please consult: Mr T Wingrove at (021) 483 2558