Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Western Cape Government is pleased to announce the new Driver vacancy at Department of Economic Development and Tourism. This position also comes with secondary functions: Knowledge and Information Management. If you have the skills or qualifications needed for the position, submit your application today!
Candidates must quote the reference number of this post, DEDAT 2019-01, within their application form. The vacant position offers a level 4 salary amounting to R 136 800 per annum. The employing department requires all interested applicants to possess at least a Grade 10 (Junior certificate) or its equivalent qualification. Having at least 7 months of relevant working experience is also mandatory. Furthermore, this position requires all candidates to be in possession of a valid code B driving license with a PDP (professional drivers permit).
Some of the things that would serve as strong recommendations are working knowledge of applicable policies, guidelines, legislation, standards and understanding as well as knowledge of best practices and procedures.
Inherent skills and competencies needed for the Driver vacancy at Department of Economic Development and Tourism are as follows:
- Knowledge of the organisational and business structure of the department
- Knowledge of procedural processes and prescripts
- Ability to maintain registers
- Good written and verbal communication skills in two or three official languages of the Western Cape
- Good office etiquette
Key Performance Areas:
- Deliver and collect external and internal mail
- Collect and deliver various documents and parcels (per foot or vehicle)
- Maintain and keep a register of documentation delivered and received
- Record and process incoming correspondence
- Assist with the closing and opening of files in accordance with prescripts
- Deliver counter service as well as assist clients
- Keep record of files requests
- Transport officials as well as passengers to and from designated destinations
- Maintain safety of confidentiality of all document
- Assist with the administrative function of knowledge as well as Informational Management Unit
Applications will be accepted until February 25, 2019.
There are three acceptable methods to apply:
PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville, 7536
(Between 08:00 am to 17:00 pm): Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530
Kindly note that all applicants are only allowed to use one application platform as only one application will be considered. All applications submitted on and after the closing date will not be regarded. This also applies to faxed applications as well.
Manual applications for the Driver vacancy at Department of Economic Development and Tourism must include the following documents:
- A Z83 application form which must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed. This form must also indicate the aforementioned reference number
- A complete CV (max. five pages)
- Original certified copies of ID document, academic and other qualifications along with proof of other requirements as indicated in this post
All candidates from relevant local communities will be given preference.
In case you need further information, please send your queries to: Mr L Madyosi at (021) 483 9161