Department of Sport Recreation Arts and Culture is now accepting applications for the School Sport Coordinators Vacancy at Chris Hani District. This position comes with a very flexible requirements in that you can apply whether you have an appropriate tertiary qualification or only matric qualification. Find out how to apply below.
The successful incumbent will be stationed in Chris Hani District in Queenstown. This job offers you a level 5/8 salary which could easily amounts to R 95 538 per annum. Candidates can hand in their tertiary qualification in Human Movement Science or Education or in Sport Management as the minimum requirement. However, you are also allowed to use your matric qualification as well if you don’t have the aforementioned certificate. Your senior qualification should be accompanied by at least 2 year experience in the areas of school sport. Additionally, it is important that you also have experience in sport development continuum in team management, administration, technical officiating or coaching of community sport or schools in at least one sporting code. Furthermore, having previous experience of working in the Sport and recreation structural is also necessary.
Other skills and competencies required for the School Sport Coordinators Vacancy at Chris Hani District are as follows:
- Good organizing and communication skills
- Advance computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have a valid code 8 driving license
Meanwhile, the duties of a School Sport Coordinator are as follows:
- Organize the operation of school sports league system concerning the MMPP business plan
- Help with the implementation and development of an athlete’s development and participation plan
- Provide administration support to schools sport code structures with the rebuilding of schools as well as athletes to yearly program
- Maintain credible records of registered schools, code structures as well as athletes
- Give help with the hosting and preparation of festivals, tournaments and competitions
- Overall administrator of development and training programs
- Maintain database of resources distributed to schools
How to Apply
Candidates interested in submitting their application for the School Sport Coordinators Vacancy at Chris Hani District should attach the following documents within their applications:
- Z83 application form that they can obtain online here or from any Public Service Department. Indicate the reference number of this advert here. It is DSRAC 01/07/2018. Complete the form and sign it.
- A CV that also informs at least two contactable referees
- Certified copies of driver’s license, qualifications and ID with an original certification stamp
- Foreign qualifications that have been evaluated by SAQA if you have any
Forward your application via post to: Chris Hani District: The Senior Manager: Department of Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture, P.O Box 7190, Queenstown, 5300
Or you are also allowed to hand deliver it to: Hand Deliver: NO 6 Ebden Street, Queenstown
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. They will be required to undergo a technical exercise with the goal to test relevant elements of the job.
If you haven’t received any notifications within three months after the closing date of this vacancy then please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Mr. Kwanini Tel No: 045 807 7500