The Office of the Chief Justice is seeking new Library Assistant to be stationed at the Gauteng local division in Johannesburg. Individual who loves to work in a library should send their application right now. Anyone with a Grade 12 is already eligible for the position. If you are interested in the Library Assistant vacancy at Office of the Chief Justice then submit your application before July 27th!
This position will place any successful incumbent at one of their local division offices in which is in Gauteng, Johannesburg. You will be earning salary which could amount from R 136 800 to R 161 148 per annum. The qualified applicant will also be required to sign a performance agreement as well. The minimum requirement is Grade 12 certificate. However, if you have experience in law library, it will serve as an added bonus point.
The Library Assistant vacancy at Office of the Chief Justice requires skills and competencies of the following:
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving
- Report writing research and planning skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Customer oriented
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the KPA you can expect to be involved in:
- Assist with collecting reports on library matter
- Arrange for the binding of loose leaf publications
- Render asset as well as stocktaking
- Help with the control and management of the library as well as its resources in accordance with the library code and other applicable prescripts
- Carry boxes on delivery of books to Judges Chambers
- Help with the ordering of library material approved by the Library Committee
- Help cataloguing, classifying, and indexing library material
- Help with maintenance and running of the library that also includes the physical structure
- Update loose leaf publications
- Handle the sublibraries outside the court
How to Apply
Interested applicants should make sure they attach the following supporting documents within their applications:
- Z83 application form. Please mention the reference number of this advert here. it is 2018/247/OCJ.
- Recently updated and comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of ID and qualification. Certification should not be older than 3 months
Forward your application via post to:
The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X7, Johannesburg, 2000 Enquiries:
Or, as an alternative, you are also allowed to submit your application by hand delivering it to:
12th floor, Cnr Pritchard and Kris Street, Johannesburg.
Application received after July 27th 2018 will not be taken into consideration. This also applies to applications received by email or facsimile. Correspondence for the Library Assistant vacancy at Office of the Chief Justice will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. Furthermore, shortlisted candidates are required to take part in normal verification and vetting processes which includes personality profile analysis and competency assessment (SMS).
If you haven’t received any notifications within 3 months after the closing date of this vacancy, please take it to mean your application being unsuccessful.
Should you have any further questions, please contact: Ms T Mbalekwa (011) 335-0404