Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Registrar’s Clerk vacancy at Durban High Court. Any interested individual does not need to hold a national diploma or bachelor’s degree to apply. As long as you are in possession of Grade 12 certificate you are automatically eligible for the position. Make sure you fulfil the other requirements below before submitting your application.
The successful incumbent will be stationed at Durban High Court which is a courthouse located in Masonic Grove, Durban Central, Durban. This position offers any qualified candidate an attractive salary which easily amounts from R 163 563 to R 192 666 per annum. FYI, in case you are qualified for the job you will be asked to sign a performance agreement later. All candidates are also required to indicate the reference number of this advert within their application forms which is 2018/206/OCJ. The Registrar’s Clerk vacancy at Durban High Court only requires applicants to hold a Grade 12 certificate as the minimum requirement. However, any qualification equivalent to that is also acceptable. Furthermore, candidates are expected to have computer literacy and prior experience in administration or clerical functions. This experience is not compulsory but will certainly be an added advantage.
Skills and competencies that candidates must also possess are detailed as follow:
- Good written and communication skills
- Good public relations and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and administration skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer service skills
Meanwhile, the duties of a Registrar’s Clerk are as follows:
- Conduct support services to case flow management
- Conduct effective and efficient support services to the court
- Update case progress on ICMS
- Issuing of summons at General office
- Analyse, issue and prepare court statistics
- Conduct counter service functions or duties
- Keep and maintain all registers for civil and criminal matters
- Storage and filling of both criminal and civil process
- Act as a liaison between legal practitioners and judges
- Issue warrant of arrest for defaulters
- Send and prepare case to transcribers for review and appeal purposes
- Binding and preparing of reviews and appeals
- Give administrative support as requested by supervisor and Court Manager
- Take care of complaints from members of the public and prisoners
How to Apply
The closing date for the Registrar’s Clerk vacancy at Durban High Court is on July 27th 2018. Please direct your application via post to:
The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X54372, Durban, 4000,
You can also hand deliver it to: the Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management, 1st floor, 2 Devonshire place, off Anton Lembede Street
Applications received via email or facsimile will not be taken into consideration.
Please include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form that you can access from all Public Service Department
- Certified copies of ID documents, qualifications. Certification shouldn’t be older than 3 months
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you haven’t been contacted from the hiring department within 3 months after the closing date, please take it to mean your application was unsuccessful.
Should you have any enquiries please contatc: Ms L Marrie (031) 372 3167