The North West High Court is now in need of a new Court Interpreter. If you think you’ve got the right qualifications, you should definitely apply for this could be a stepping stone to bigger things in your career in legal department. Anyone with a Grade 12 certificate is welcomed to apply for the Court Interpreter vacancy at North West High Court. Submit yours today!
The successful incumbent will be stationed at North West High Court which is a city courthouse situated in Mahikeng. This job offers you salary ranging from R163 563 to R192 666 per annum. The qualified applicant will later be required to sign a performance agreement. You only need to hold a Grade 12 or NQF level 4 certificate in order to be eligible. Furthermore, the Court Interpreter vacancy at North West High Court also requires candidates to have proficiency in at least one indigenous language, applicants must have proficiency in Afrikaans and/or English. Should you have 3 months practical experience, it will surely serve as an added bonus. This applies to if you have knowledge of any foreign language and sign language as well.
Skills and competencies needed for this positions are as follows:
- Excellence communication skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizing and planning skills
- Analytical thinking
- Customer service
- Listening skills
- Time management
Once you are qualified for the job, below are the duties you will be involved in. the KPA of a Court Interpreter isn’t solely limited to this list.
- Perform certain administrative and line support functions to the Court Manager, Judiciary and supervisor
- Coin words
- Develop terminologies
- Conduct interpreting services in civil court, criminal court, Quasi and labour proceedings
- Help with reconstruction of court records
- Interpreting during consultations
How to Apply
All interested candidates must attach the following documents within the application:
- Z83 application form that you can access from all Public Service Department. Indicate the reference number of this advert in this form. It is 2018/201/OCJ.
- Certified copies of ID documents, qualifications. Certification shouldn’t be older than 3 months
Forward your application to one of the following addresses:
The OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X 2033, Mmabatho, 2735 (via post)
Or hand deliver applications to 22 Molopo Road, Ayob Gardens: Mafikeng, Enquiries: Mr L Moetanalo (018) 3977065
The closing date for the Court Interpreter vacancy at North West High Court is on July 27th 2018 so make sure you submit your application before the due date for failure in complying with the deadline will result in your application not being taken into consideration. Furthermore, applications received via email or facsimile will not be accepted as well.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. All shortlisted candidates will later be required to undergo normal verification and vetting processes which also includes personality profile analysis and a competency assessment (SMS). If you haven’t heard from the hiring department within 3 months after the deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.