Lonmin Learnerships job is available in the field of Engineering for interested individuals who seek to further enhance their skills and competence. The learnership vacancy in Engineering at Lonmin is available in Marikana, North West. Should you be interested in this opportunity, submit your application before July 21st!
LONMIN Learnerships Description
Lonmin is one of the largest main producer of PGMs in the world who are also always on the hunt to improve their human capital relationship in order to realize value from the mineral reserves and infrastructure. The learnership vacancy in Engineering at Lonmin is one way to reach their strategic goals is by retaining the necessary skills needed to sustain operational excellence. Lonmin learnerships will be hold as part of a formal program to make sure sufficient discipline specific skills are available in the organization. The qualified incumbent will be developed within a certain discipline according to their respective ability and competence assessments and will form part of the program development under management in a team environment at different operation areas.
The successful incumbent will undertake the program under Support Services division in Human Resources while reporting to Senior Training Officer. He or she will be stationed in Marikana, North West and it is a fixed term placement.
The following requirements apply to Fitting, Boilermaking, Milwright, Rigging and Diesel Mechanic:
- Must have one of the following qualifications:
- NCV (national certificate vocational) level 4 with score above 40% on all 7 subjects
- N3 engineering studies qualification with relevant engineering drawings and trade theory
- Grade 12 with science and math (not math literacy) above 40% as well as related trade theory and engineering drawings on a N2 level
The following requirements apply to Instrumentation. You must have one of the following qualifications:
- N4 engineering studies qualification with relevant engineering drawings and trade theory
- Grade 12 with science and math
Requirements stated below are not compulsory. However, they will surely serve as bonus points if you can provide one or all of them.
- Relevant experience in an engineering field
- Engineering Aide certificate registered with the MQA
Once you are qualified for the Lonmin Learnerships, below are some of the key performance areas you can expect to be involved in:
- The program objectives are to demonstrate an understanding of the associated tasks and program objectives
- People: comply with all mining procedures and standards
- SHE: comply with all safety and legal requirements
- Reporting: compile and collect developmental progress reports for progress discussion with the relevant stakeholder
- Stakeholder relations: implement effective team support and relationships
How to Apply
Should you be interested in the Lonmin Learnerships 2018, please submit your application no later than July 21st 2018. You can submit your application via online by visiting to their online job portal here. You should confirm the accuracy of all information you submitted on the recruitment system.
Here are all the reference numbers:
- Learnership Engineering (Rigging) (9595)
- Learnership Engineering (Boilermaking) (9593)
- Learnership Engineering (Fitting) (9594)
- Learnership Engineering (Instrumentation) (9598)
- Learnership Engineering (Diesel Mechanic) (9597)
- Learnership Engineering (Millwright) (9596)
If you haven’t heard from the hiring department in 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.