Western Cape High Court is now accepting applications from all qualified candidates applying for the Judge Secretary position. This job offers any successful incumbent with a permanent position and a bachelor’s degree or national diploma are not compulsory. Any individuals with at least Grade 12 certificate with appropriate experience and skills can definitely apply for the Judge Secretary vacancy at Western Cape High Court.
The successful incumbent will be stationed at Western Cape High Court and be receiving salary which amounts from R 242 475 up to R 285 630 per year. As part of the regulation, the successful incumbent will be needed to sign a performance agreement. Candidates are only required to hold a Grade 12 or any of its equivalent qualification as well as 3 years secretarial experience in order to be eligible. However, should you be in possession in any of the following qualifications, they will surely be added advantages.
- A minimum of 20 modules completed towards an BA, LLB or B com law degree
- A secretarial diploma
- 2 or 3 years legal experience
- Knowledge of law and legal terminology as well as research capabilities
Furthermore, the Judge Secretary vacancy at Western Cape High Court requires candidates to have the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to type 35 wpm ad Dictaphone typing
- A valid driver’s license is not compulsory but will be a bonus point
- Proficiency in Afrikaans and English
- Computer literacy like MS Word
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Problem solving and planning skills
- Time management skills
- Decision making skills
- Decisiveness and assertiveness
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Qualified candidate will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Format or types draft memorandum opinions, decision or judgement entries written by assigned administrator, judge or staff attorney
- Diarize and arrange meetings, appointments, official visits as well as handle travel and accommodation arrangements
- Safeguard all case files as well as the endorsement of case files with order made by Judge
- Provide general administrative or secretarial duties to the judge
- Update documents, files as well as provide copies of documents to the registrar
- Management of judge’s logbook, vehicle and the driving thereof
- Prepare reports and compile data and documents for assigned judges as needed including continuing legal hours, expense reports, case management and financial disclosure statements
- Corporate with supervisors, judges and co-workers as needed to make sure the efficient and smooth operation of the Court.
How to Apply
Applicants must include the following documents within the application:
- Z83 form. Please mention the reference number of this post here which is 2018/190/OCJ. Complete the form in full and sign it. The form can be obtained from all Public Service Department or go to the website here
- Certified copies of ID documents and all qualifications. Certification shouldn’t be older than 3 months
Submit your application via post to: The OCJ Provincial Head, Private Bag X9020, Cape Town 8000.
Or, you can also hand deliver it to: Office of the Chief Justice Provincial Service Centre, 30 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town.
Correspondence for the Judge Secretary vacancy at Western Cape High Court will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. All shortlisted applicants will undergo normal verification and vetting processes.
Enquiries: Ms M Baker (021) 469 4000 Supreme Court of Appeal and Bloemf