Applications are now invited for the Driver for Heavy Vehicle vacancy (driving jobs) at Government Printing Works. This is actually a re-advertisement. Applicants who have previously applied and are still interested in this position are required to submit their applications again. New candidates are also welcome. Read the requirements below.
The successful applicant will be situated at the Government Printing Works which islocated in Pretoria. This job offers you a level 5 salary which easily amounts to R 163 563 per annum. Candidates who show interest in this job position should at least hold a Grade 10 or any equivalent qualification in order to be qualified. This requirement should be accompanied by a minimum of one or two year prior working experience in truck driving. As part of the compulsory requirement, candidates are required to have a valid code 14 driving license with PDP. Other requirements for the Driver for Heavy Vehicle vacancy at Government Printing Works are described as follow:
- Knowledge of customer service, stock management and distribution of goods
- Willingness to work over time
- Experience in operating a fork lift. However this is not compulsory but will surely be an added advantage.
Once you are qualified, here are some of the duties you will be involved in:
- Drive heavy vehicles, light vehicles and delivery vans
- Assist with loading and off of items
- Collect printed matter and all related items from and to customers
- Drive GPW officials, external and internal clients as well as official visitors as may be requested
- Conform to the traffic regulations such as speed limits
- Responsible for routine maintenance
- Conform to control requirements in terms of GPW fleet vehicles
How to Apply
Candidates must include the following supporting documents within the application:
- Z83 application form that indicates the reference number of this post which is GPW 18/57. Complete the form in full and page 2 duly signed. You can get the form at any Public Service Department
- CV detailing your experience and qualifications with respective dates
- Cover letter
- Certified copies of ID, qualifications and a valid driver’s license
- SAQA evaluated foreign qualifications if you have any
Forward your application via post to: Private Bag X85, Pretoria, 0001
Or hand deliver it to: The Branch: Human Resources, Government Printing Works, 149 Bosman Street, Pretoria
Applications received after July 27th will not be taken into consideration. The same also applies to incomplete application.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only and they will be required for an interview at a time and date determined by the hiring department. The successful incumbent will be asked to enter a performance agreement and employment contract. He or she must also obtain a positive security clearance as well. If you haven’t received any notifications within three months after the closing date then please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Should you have any further questions regarding the Driver for Heavy Vehicle vacancy at Government Printing Works, please contact: Mr J Khosa, Tel No: (012) 748 – 6382.