The Sasol Limited is proud to offer two types of bursaries. One is reserved for undergraduate as well as diploma candidates and the other is for candidates from a Sasol fenceline community. The Sasol bursary program for South African students is a full award call and anyone residing anywhere in the country can apply.
Sasol Limited was established in Sasolburg in 1950. It is the very first oil-from-coal manufacturer. It is incorporated chemical and energy firm that has over 30,000 employees across 33 countries. The company is known for its development and commercialisation of technologies, along with building and operating international scale facilities in order to create chemicals, electricity and fuel.
The Sasol bursary program for South African students is known to be one of the best funding programs, with its all-inclusive package, candidates who are studying full time in the Engineering, Accounting or Science fields are welcome to apply.
The bursary encompasses two categories:
- A bursary for children of Sasol Khanyisa/ Sasol Employees/ Inzalo shareholders/ candidates from a Sasol fenceline community, pursuing STEM or non-STEM programs
- A bursary for candidates pursuing a diploma or undergraduate degree in Technology, Science, Maths or Engineering
The award covers registration and tuition fees, exam fees, accommodation in a single room at a university residence, book and meal allowance and pocket money.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified between January 15 and 28, 2019. Meanwhile, the final selection will come out on January 30, 2019.
- Be a South African citizen
- Current matric student or have completed matric
- Have been accepted or provisionally accepted to study at a recognised TVET college, university or university of technology in South Africa
Additional requirements for STEM candidates:
- Intend to study or studying as a full time student towards a STEM qualification (diploma/undergraduate)
- Achieved at least 50% for all subjects
- Students with good academic records and in financial need will receive preference
- Have a total household income under R 600,000/year
Additional requirements for STEM/non-STEM students:
- Intend to study or studying as full time student towards a STEM/non-STEM qualification
- A child of a Sasol Khanyisa/Sasol employee/Inzalo shareholders/from a Sasol fenceline community
To apply, please complete the following steps:
- Register an account here and login here (tap on the left hand corner to visit the application page)
- Complete the application form
In case you encounter difficulties when applying, information is available here.
You may contact the helpline in case you don’t have access to the internet at 086 010 6235.
Submit the following documents alongside the application form:
- Certified copy of ID, matric September results (current matric students) or matric certificate (if completed matric) or tertiary final results for tertiary students
- Proof of registration (if currently studying)
- Proof of acceptance or conditional acceptance at a university
- Share certificate if you are a child of an Inzalo shareholder/Sasol Khanyisa
- Proof of household income of parents/guardians
Applications for Sasol bursary program for South African students must be forwarded no later than January 13, 2019.
For enquiries: [email protected] or 0860 106 235