Are you considering getting your tertiary qualification? Then apply for the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality bursary 2019 for you can get financial assistance to help with the studies. More than 20 study programs are eligible for the award, scroll through to find out if your desired field of study is one of them!
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality got its name from the huge herds of bushbuck spotted in this area, as well as the WNW-ESE ridge which is a protuberant feature in the south east. This is, as a matter of fact, the largest local municipality in Mpumalanga in terms of the land mass and population. This year, the local municipality wishes to award bursary for deserving and high achieving students who plan to study one of the following fields:
- Quantity surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning or Town Planning
- Computer Science
- Development Studies
- Information Technology (IT)
- Accounting (BCom)
- Agricultural Studies
- Tourism Management
- Public Management
- Financial Management
- Youth in Development
- Social Science
- Other Management Studies
Correspondence for the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality bursary 2019 will be limited to candidates who have been shortlisted only and they will be notified by the end of February. Therefore, if you do not receive any notifications or feedback, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Be a South African citizen
- Must have completed matric or be in matric
- Plan on studying as a full time student in one of the aforementioned programs
- Have been accepted or registered to study at an accredited higher education institution
- Proven financial need
- Must reside within the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
How to Apply
To apply for the program, please download and complete the application form.
Don’t forget to also attach the following supporting documents within your application. Only submissions that contain these materials and the application form will be accepted.
- Certified copy of birth certificate or ID
- Certified copy of matric certificate if finished matric
- Certified copy of matric June exam results if still in matric
- Proof of acceptance or registration at a higher education institution
- Proof of income of parents/guardians such as latest payslips, affidavit, pension receipt or death certificate. A letter from social worker is acceptable if the applicant is an orphan
- Proof of residence
- Proof of disability from a registered hospital, clinic or medical doctor (if disabled)
Application for the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality bursary 2019 must be forwarded to the Head Office via one of these acceptable methods:
- Post: Bushbuckridge Local Municipality, Private Bag X9308, Bushbuckridge, 1280
- Hand delivery: R533 Graskop Rd., Opposite Mpumalanga Driving Licensing Testing Centre, Maviljan Region, Bushbuckridge
- To your nearest Municipal Regional Office
Applications submitted after January 18, 2019 will not be accepted. This also applies to faxed and emailed submissions. Therefore, it is your responsibility as a candidate to ensure timely submission.
In case you have any questions, please forward your queries to the local municipality directly:
Contact person: Mr Maunye S
Cell: 071 607 8090
Tel: 013 004 0292