Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are passionate about the Engineering sector and you want to gain a better insight to the subject, you can consider taking part in Sappi Millwright Apprenticeship program that will take place in 2020 period. The program is designed for candidates who want to gain better insight and knowledge within the industry as well as improving their own qualification and skills at the same time.
About the Program
Sappi Apprenticeship program is targeting different sectors with the hope that they can get the right and potential candidates for each specified subject. The full-time program will take place in Sappi Stanger Mill at KwaDukuza in South Africa.
The company understands that professional work requires professional workforce that will be responsible for the job. After all, there is no line of work that can perform on its own (despite the machineries and automation programs) without the human resources. That’s why they are offering a great opportunity in Engineering, hoping to attract self-motivated and skilled individuals to take part as professional Artisan. The candidate will have to report to the Learning Manager.
For the Millwright sector, there will be 2 positions made available for Sappi Millwright Apprenticeship program. And the company only consider those credible and potential for the position
This training program is designed as a temporary position. It will include these things:
- The workplace for the training will take place at Sappi Stanger Mill
- The training programs have been scheduled and required as the Artisan as a part of the training facility that has been SETA approved
- Candidates will take part in relevant training sessions as required by the program to prepare the candidates for the work setting
- Candidates will have to take part in Trade examination and preparation so they can qualify as artisan
- They will get allowance according to Sappi remuneration policy
In order to qualify as the candidates for the program, they need to meet these requirements:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must have completed Grade 12 and have the Matric certificate
- They must have at least N2 Engineering certificate with 4 subjects that are relevant to the trade or subject they are applying for. Or they need to have NCV Level 4 that is relevant to the subject they are applying for.
- They must have the aptitude for the hand skills
- They must English literate – this is crucial
How to Apply
Candidates must understand that the application will take place online. They need to visit this link
in order to complete the form. Candidates are also welcomed to visit their official site at www.sappi.com. Be advised that they may be required to provide the supporting documents too although the information today is still unclear. That’s why candidates are expected to prepare everything so they can upload the documents later on.
The closing date is set on January the 28th 2020. Be advised that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. If they haven’t been contacted within 14 days after the closing date, it’s safer to say that their application is unsuccessful for this Sappi Millwright Apprenticeship program.