Those who are interested in becoming professional Artisan and gain the important working experience can join Sappi Instrumentation Apprenticeship program. Through the program, those who are left behind in formal education can find a great opportunity to learn and gain valuable experience at the same time. For the company, it is a great opportunity where they can screen promising and qualified candidates that may be valuable for the workforce sector in the future.
About the Program
Sappi Stanger Mill is opening a new apprenticeship program for 2020 period. They are basically offering different kinds of subjects or fields, but this one is especially designed for Instrumentation Trade. There will be 2 positions available for the promising candidates and they have to report to the Learning Manager.
All the candidates of the Sappi Instrumentation Apprenticeship program will get the training sessions within the facilities that have been approved by SETA. For the practice, they will do it within Stanger Mill setting and facilities. Afterward they will have to go through other training sessions that will prepare them for the workplace. And then, they will have to go through Trade Test examination and preparation so they will be qualified as professional Artisan.
There are several general requirements that all candidates must meet in order to be eligible for the Sappi Instrumentation Apprenticeship program. The requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – and it will have to be proven by a valid ID document
- They must have completed Matric or Grade 12
- They must have Matric Certificate
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must be determined and passionate about the industry
- They must have at least NCV Level 4 that is relevant to the trade or subject that they are applying for. Or they must have at least N2 Engineering Certificate with 4 subjects that are relevant to the trade they are applying for
- They must have the aptitude for the hand skills
- Good command of English is important
How to Apply
Interested candidates must be aware that they need to take online application. They need to visit this link or they can visit the official website at www.sappi.com. Feel free to browse around the website to learn about the program.
Although there is no clear or detailed information about the types of documentations needed for the program, there are several documents that are generally required for such a program. It would be better if candidates can prepare these documents:
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications, certificates, or diplomas
- A comprehensive and updated CV
Be advised that candidates may be asked to provide more documents so they should be prepared for it.
The deadline is on February the 28th 2020. Candidates are advised not to submit the application late or their application won’t be considered. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for this Sappi Instrumentation Apprenticeship program so those who aren’t contacted within 14 days after the deadline should consider themselves to be unsuccessful.