Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are passionate about working in one of government’s departments or agencies, and you have a good skill in administrative tasks, then you should seriously consider about applying for the position of Senior Admin Officer at Department of Economic Development in Gauteng.
About the Position
The person won’t only be responsible for the administrative tasks and duties, but they also be responsible for the better management of any financial and economy administration. This is one of the reasons why Gauteng Department of Economic Development is inviting potential and skilled candidates to apply for the job. It takes experienced candidates to resume the role of Senior Officer, especially related to the job.
The job will take place in Gauteng where the individual will be awarded with R316 791 as their annual salary. Those who have the passion in Economy and administration, as well as wanting to work in one of the reputable government’s department are welcomed and encouraged to apply, as confirmed by the reference number of REFS004953.
In order to be qualified for the Senior Admin Officer position, candidates are expected to meet these general requirements – although it is possible that they may have to deal with further requirements if they proceed to the next level or stage. The requirements are:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa – proven by a valid and official ID document
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They must have the Matric certificate
- They must have at least administrative experience, 1 to 3 years in the respective field
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must be hard-worker and determined for the position
The Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates who take the role of this Senior Admin Officer position would be responsible for these duties:
- Submitting and registering invoices to Finance in 24 hours limit after the payment receipt
- Following up on invoices payment regularly to the service providers
- Helping with tender assistance and procurement when necessary
- Managing the electronic and physical documentation along with the approved file plan
- Managing petty cash and its arrangement for the Directorate
- Submitting procurement requisitions and memos
- Providing administration support and assistance to the Directorate
- Managing and attending monthly project management as well as other meetings, including taking minutes and also preparing task lists
- Reviewing the Annual Performance Plan as well as Quarterly Performance Report to consolidate and work together the POE (Proof of Evidence) files for the purposes of auditing
How to Apply
Interested candidates must be aware that application will take place online. They will have to visit this link so they can complete the application form, as well as providing the supporting documents. Although the information about the supporting documents is unclear, these are the general documentations that are generally needed for the application processing:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications, diplomas, or certificates
- An updated and comprehensive CV
Be advised that candidates may be required to provide more documents as they move further. Be always ready for them.
The deadline is on February the 5th 2020. Be advised that late submission would lead to the application ignored and rejected. Candidates who are in need of further information and details about the Senior Admin Officer position can always contact Ntobeko Sikhosana at 011 085 2495 or Nono Tantsi at 011 085 2172.