Individuals who are in need of a fund to pursue their bachelor’s degree are now welcomed to apply for the Sappi Bursary for University and Matric Students. This funding is open for talented and deserving matric students who intend to pursue a study towards an undergraduate degree qualification or ones who are already enrolled as students of a higher learning.
Table of Contents
Sappi Company used to be called South African Pulp and Paper Industries Limited. Established in 1936, this globally diversified woodfibre, paper, and pulp company sells and produces dissolving wood pulp, paper products, forest products, timber products as well as chemical cellulose. Its centre is located in Johannesburg, SA and operates globally in over 20 countries. As of today, Sappi has more than 12,000 staff members all across the globe. Innovative and talented students are offered the opportunity to apply for the Sappi Bursary for University and Matric Students. This award is open for current matric or undergraduate students who intend on studying or are currently studying in one of the following programs:
- Mechanical engineering (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Chemical engineering (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Electrical engineering (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Industrial engineering (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Mechatronics engineering (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Forestry and wood (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Civil engineering (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Pulp and paper (national diploma)
Qualified candidates will be receiving the following expense coverage: tuition fees, registration fees, accommodation, a living allowance, and prescribed textbooks. The value of the bursary, however, is subject to the students’ household income.
All candidates must satisfy the minimum entrance requirements below prior to submitting their applications to ensure they will be regarded for the consideration.
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years
- Must be current matric students or have completed matric
- Must be intending on studying or currently studying as full time students in one of the aforementioned study subjects at an accredited South African university
- Must have achieved at least 70% for Physical Science and Maths (not mathematical literacy) and 60% for English in matric
- Must have achieved at least overall average of 70% for current study year for current tertiary applicants
This call will give preference to candidates who reside in areas close to Sappi’s primary business operations.
How to Apply
Students can commence their application online here. It is mandatory that you register an account first in order to log in and apply. During your application, please submit supporting documents along with the completed application forms. Any missing item will lead to your application not being considered.
- Certified copy of South African ID document
- Certified copy of matric certificate along with any other relevant academic qualifications
- For current university students please attach a certified copy of full tertiary academic record
- A CV
- Proof of household income
- Proof of tertiary registration or provisional registration
Your application must reach the Sappi Company no later than September 30, 2018. No late nor incomplete applications will be regarded.
Candidates who are shortlisted for the Sappi Bursary for University and Matric Students will be properly contacted and invited to undergo an interview as well as psychometric evaluation. In case you haven’t been acknowledged within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.