Student Authors who are currently writing non-fiction pieces or researching are offered a grant value of R 25,000 by ANFASA. This funding is intended to help students who are unable to fund their travel for research purposes or take leave from employment in order to work on their manuscript. If you are currently working a general or scholarly piece, then apply for the ANFASA Bursary Grant for South African Student Authors now!
Academic Non-Fiction Authors’ Association of South Africa (ANFASA) intends on providing a place for he interests and concerns of non-fiction and academic authors. Established in 2004, ANFASA has the slogan that says “dedicated to empowering authors” with the primary goal to uplift non-fiction and academic authors in South Africa by ensuring protection of their rights across the book value chain and drawing attention to their works. The ANFASA Bursary Grant for South African Student Authors is a way to help students who are currently writing non-fictional scholarly pieces or general pieces. Students who are in need of a fund for their research travel are also encouraged to apply. The qualified candidates will receive up to R 25,000.
Candidates must meet all the following entry requirements before applying. Note that, failure in complying with these rules will result in your application being disregarded.
- Candidates must be authors who are currently working on a scholarly piece or general piece (non-fiction)
- Candidates who are not ANFASA members are also welcomed to apply. This call is open to books written in any of the official language
If you are not an ANFASA member, please join here. you can submit the membership form along with your application form.
You can submit your application via one of the following ways:
[email protected] (please use this as subject line: AGSA ANFASA Grant Scheme – your full name)
Head to this online application portal
Candidates who apply via email must submit the following information:
- Personal details (full name, gender, title, date of birth, email address, phone number, landline contact number)
- Employment information such as company of employment and profession (only if applicable)
- Status of ANFASA membership (detailing whether or not you are a paid-up member)
- The provisional title or title of your book
- A brief description or summary of your book (approx. 500 words)
- Your target readership or audience
- Your motivation for working on the piece
- The date you started writing and expected finish date
- Details of the publisher (only if you have approached one for your work. If you haven’t, then explain how you plan on publishing and distributing it.
- List of previously published books (if any)
- Details about the funding (whether you plan to cover your writing or research or both)
- Details about the amount of funding you apply for and how you plan on spending it (max. grant value is R 25,000
- Outline your other funding (if you have applied for/ are current recipient/ have been promised from another source)
- Any further motivation or information that you deem will be favourable for your application
Your application must be submitted before September 30, 2018. If you have any question regarding the ANFASA Bursary Grant for South African Student Authors, please contact via:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 011 712 8008