If you are a matric student or have completed matric and in need of a fund to pursue the first higher educational qualification/degree/diploma then apply for the Association for Educational Transformation Bursary for South African Youth. The bursary program is open to students who wish to pursue any field of study. At a University or University of Technology located in Western Cape.
Table of Contents
The Association for Education Transformation was established in January 2003. Located in the Western Cape, this non-profit organisation used to operate within the wing of the South African Institute of Race Relations and has long been helping disadvantaged students with their academic needs. The Association for Educational Transformation Bursary for South African Youth is a way to give back to the disadvantaged community by paying students’ tuition fees. Students who plan to pursue their first higher degree/diploma/certificate qualification at any University or University of Technology situated in the Western Cape are eligible to apply. The eligible universities include:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Cape Town
The successful candidates will receive coverage for a portion of their tuition, textbooks and registration fees. The award will be directly paid to the University you are applying for or enrolled in.
Qualified students will be chosen based on academic merit as well as financial need. The decision will come out in January. All students who are shortlisted will be formally informed. Should you not receive any feedback by the end of February, please regard your application as failed.
- Be a South African citizen
- Must reside within the Western Cape areas
- Must be a current matric student or have completed matric
- Must intend on studying as a full time student towards the first higher diploma/degree/certificate qualification at a University or University of Technology in the Western Cape areas. It must not be an FET college or a private institution
- Must satisfy the entry requirements stipulated by the University you are applying for
- Candidates from disadvantaged groups and who are in financial need will be given preference
You can download the application form either in a PDF or a word format from the links below.
Aside from the compulsory application form, you must also provide the following important documents. Any missing items will lead to your application being disqualified.
- Certified copy of matric certificate if available
- Certified copy of grade 11 final results for current matric students
- Certified copy of ID document
- Proof of household income (pension advice if applicable/sworn statement or affidavit if unemployed/ latest payslips if employed)
- Certified copy of latest matric/tertiary results if you have yet to receive your final results
Forward your application either via post or hand deliver to:
Association for Educational Transformation
5 Long Street
Applications for the Association for Educational Transformation Bursary for South African Youth submitted via email or facsimile will not be accepted. Make sure you submit it before September 30, 2018 in order to be considered.
For further information, please directly contact the Association for Educational Transformation:
Tel: 021 685 1025
Email: [email protected]