If you have the passion in Accounting, Finance, and related fields to economy, accounting, and management, and you want to continue a higher study in those fields, then you may be interested in taking PWC Bursary program. The financial support will be provided and given to post-graduate students with excellent educational achievement and performance. In the end, the bursary program can be beneficial not only for the students but also for the company.
Table of Contents
About the Program
PWC of PricewaterhouseCoopers is an international and multinational company focusing in professional service networks, with the main headquarter in London. The company is the world’s second biggest professional services company.
The company is offering PWC Bursary program for promising candidates who have financial hardship and struggle, but they want to move forward and be successful in their career and study. The bursary is available for these programs: Engineering and Accountancy.
The candidates are expected to sign a deal with the company for a 3-year training contract for their post-graduate study completion. The contract can be extended, depending on the number of years (for the awarded bursary) and the bursary’s financial value. The candidates are expected to have a steady progress during the 3-year contract. The progress includes achieving the needed core hours prescribed by SAICA as well as writing qualifying exams.
It is expected that candidates will gain knowledge and also experience within these subjects during the learnership period:
- Secretarial Systems
- Taxation and Estates
- Business Information Systems
- Financial Management
The company believes and they are also confident that the experience and skills gained by the candidates during their professional hours will stay with them within their entire career and life. Joining the program (and the company) will unlock the candidates’ full potential and capability.
- Candidates must have the plan or be studying in a university to become a professional Chartered Accountant
- They must take part in extramural activities at the university and also school
- Their degree must be accredited by the Chartered Accounts of South African Institute
If the candidates are still in Grade 12, they:
- Must get at least 60% for all the subjects
- Must include English and Mathematics for the subjects
- Must write for university acceptance and Matric exemption
If the candidates are in the university, they:
- Must pass all the subjects consistently with stable good achievement or academic record
- Must maintain impressive academic performance and academic records as well as passing the subjects required for each academic year
How to Apply
Interested candidates must do an online application by visiting this link. They must complete the application form as well as the supporting documents. The supporting documents may include these items, but not limited to them only:
- A certified copy of South African ID
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications or the latest academic records
- An updated CV
The bursary is generally offered on a yearly basis but the opening date, the subjects’ availability, and the closing date can be different from year to year. It is advisable that interested candidates check the official website regularly so they can learn the details about this PWC Bursary program.