Setsoto Local Municipality is offering the position of Personal Assistant to Executive Mayor for those with the right qualifications. Everyone, with the ability and expertise, is encouraged to apply without regarding to their gender, background, or race. According to Employment Equity Acts, any qualified individuals, whether disabled people or women or colored, have the rights to apply.
The position is for Municipal Directorate Manager’s Office with Executive Mayor’s Office Division in Ficksburg. The person will be responsible for his/her position and have a full right to get a salary of R327 373.24 per year.
In order to be qualified for the Personal Assistant to Executive Mayor position, candidates must meet these requirements, such as:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Grade 12 or the equivalent or have post Matric formal qualification in Public Administration
- They must have a minimum 3-years of working experience within administrative duties in Local Government setting
- They must have a good and solid knowledge of Local Government Procedures and Policies
- They must not have any criminal record
Candidates are also expected to have these traits:
- Have impressive interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, and communication skills
- Have a solid time management
- Be able to operate MS Office – computer literate
- Be trustworthy
- Have good manner and attitude about dealing with confidential information
The Personal Assistant to Executive Mayor must be able to:
- Manage, coordinate, and sync the Executive Mayor’s diary
- Control access to the Executive Mayor by screening visitors or calls, and then direct them to the relevant departments so they can get the help they need
- Coordinate traveling plans and itinerary and make the necessary accommodation arrangements
- Control and coordinate outgoing and incoming correspondence as well as circulating it to the relevant sectors or departments
- Work together with external and internal stakeholders, including other government sphere at national and provincial level concerning issues related to Executive Mayor’s office
- Maintain the comprehensive filing system in the office
- Provide advice to the Executive Mayor related on matters with respect to the Council
- Coordinate Mayoral Activities, Programs, and Campaigns with the Municipal Manager office – it includes facilitating the administrative duties in the office
- Compile and submit the necessary reports for the purpose of reporting of the office
- Manage the resources (administration, equipment, finance, personnel, system, and others) within the Executive Mayor office
- Help, manage, and coordinate activities between Head of Departments, Municipal Manager, Mayoral Committee, and other management members
How to Apply
Candidates must send their application, along with the supporting documents, to Municipal Manager, Setsoto Municipality at P.O.Box 116, Ficksburg 9730. The admission board doesn’t receive any emailed or faxed application. The supporting documents include an updated CV, two contactable employment references, a certified copy of ID document, and certified copies of qualifications. Any incomplete document will lead to the application being ignored.
The deadline is on January the 17th 2020 before 16.30 PM. Be sure to send the application before the deadline. Candidates with questions about the Personal Assistant to Executive Mayor position can reach out to Me. S. Melithafa, Human Resource Advisor, at (051) 933 9300.