OCJ (Office of the Chief Justice) is currently offering some vacancies for all South African youths. It brings more experiences, knowledge, and also networking for them to use in their future career. Among those available the OCJ Admin and Accounting Clerk vacancies, all applicants can apply for the position of administration clerk and also accounting clerk. Keep on reading to find out more information.
Table of Contents
Position: Administration and Accounting Clerk
Recruiter: Office of the Chief Justice
Administration Clerk: High Court, Bhisho
Accounting Clerk: High Court, Mthatha
Salary: R173 703 per annum
Administration Clerk: 2021/145/OCJ
Accounting Clerk: 2021/147/OCJ
Generally, being an administration clerk means that you will be dealing with these following duties.
- Maintaining the registers daily
- Recording cases in court or court proceedings on CRT machines accurately
- Safe keeping the court documents and CDs
- Downloading court proceedings on CDs
- Ensuring proper filling is accomplished well
- Compiling daily statistics
- Providing any other tasks allocated by the supervisor or court manager
Moreover, if you prefer applying for the position of an accounting clerk, you will have these duties.
- Preparing and capturing sundry and creditor payments
- Ensuring the invoice has been paid within 30 days
- Compiling receipt batches and capturing them on BAS
- Controlling petty cash
- Preparing and processing S&T and cellphone claims
- Preparing manual requisition and capturing on JYP
- Generating BAS reports
- Proper filling of physical payments and receipts batches for audit purposes
- Maintaining all registers
- Distributing payslips
In addition, to be able to fit into the position of an administration clerk, here are the minimum requirements to fulfill.
- Having Grade 12 or equivalent qualifications is compulsory
- For those who come up with the minimum of zero to two years of experience will gain an advantage
- Having planning, organizing, problem solving, and analyzing skills is obligatory
- The applicants must be client oriented and also customer focus
- Having communication skills for both written and verbal is vital
- The applicants have to be computer literate especially in MS Office
- Having attention to detail is essential
- Also, the applicants must have initiative and also flexibility
- Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
On the other hands, these are the requirements when you wish to apply for the position of an accounting clerk.
- Having the qualifications of Grade 12 or equivalent is non-negotiable
- The applicants must have computer literacy
- Being able to work with stakeholders in a professional and empathetic manner is obligatory
- Having good interpersonal relations is vital
- The applicants must have basic numeracy and comprehend job knowledge
- Having accuracy and attention to detail is compulsory
- Also, preferences will be given to women and people with disabilities
Furthermore, apart from the requirements, these following documents are also compulsory to complete.
- A newly signed Z83 form
- A recently updated CV
- Certified copies of all qualifications
- An identity document
For applying, all applicants have to quote the relevant reference number and direct the application to The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X13012, Cambridge 5206, East London. Besides, you can also hand deliver these documents to 59 Western Avenue, Sanlam Park Building, 2nd Floor, Vincent 5242, East London.
Further, had you any enquiries related to The OCJ Admin and Accounting Clerk Vacancies, you could contact Ms. N Biko at (043) 726 8580.
Finally, the closing date of The OCJ Admin and Accounting Clerk Vacancies will be on 28 June 2021.