For some people, sitting in a chair for days to months can bore them to death. They have to do the template job description from time to time. Thus, some people prefer working in mobility, for example, as a driver. Currently, there are some positions as a driver in Dis-Chem Pharmacies especially in Cape Town. However, these Dis-Chem Pharmacies driver vacancies have a lot of responsibilities to handle. Further, you can read this complete information before applying for it.
Table of Contents
Recruiter: Dis-Chem Pharmacies Limited
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Type of work: Permanent
Generally, the main task of a driver is transporting both people and goods from a place to the designated area. Specifically, these will be the duties of a driver who will work in Dis-Chem Cape Town.
- Transporting products to customers locations safely in a safe and courteous manner
- Learning the various dispatch function
- Ensuring the delivery of correct products to the correct customers and the fridge line deliveries are prioritized
- Using the most efficient and the shortest route to the customer
- Returning back to the store immediately after the delivery
- Ensuring that the vehicle is clean and never be attended
- Ensuring all invoices are signed and recorded in the delivery log sheet in the correct manger
- Processing payments on all transactions via cash and EFT
- Following the delivery or pickup instruction from the manager
- Being fully accountable for all damages and loss through the delivery processes
- Ensuring having the correct names and addresses of the customers and the delivery paperwork
- Complying with the company vehicle policy and the minimum standards of accuracy and efficiency
- Providing special care when delivering fragile and hazardous products
- Creating effective and efficient relationships with both internal and external customers for improving the operating efficiencies
- Establishing the long-term customer relationship through prompt and courteous service
- Reporting customers complaints, requests, and also compliments to the management and providing feedback
- Being responsible for any traffic fines allocated to the vehicle you drive
Moreover, to be able to be eligible for the positions, there are some requirements for all applicants to have, as follows.
- Having Grade 12 or Matric qualifications is the minimum standard of requirement
- Having a valid driver’s license for both motorbike and car is obligatory
- The applicants who have previous experience in similar roles will gain an advantage
- The applicants must be willing to work in shifts and in retail hours
- Having clear credit record and criminal records is obligatory
- Having strong command in English and effective engagement with customers and managements is essential
- Being trustworthy and honest is vital
- Having the abilities of bilingual will be a plus
- All applicants must have the citizenship of South African
- Being physically fit to lift and move heavy boxes is compulsory
In addition, apart from the previous requirements, some documents also have an important role in completing your application.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An identity document
- A valid driver’s license
- Certified copies of qualifications
Moreover, for applying, all applicants can go through this link and complete the compulsory information about themselves. It includes the personal details and some questionnaires. Besides, the applicants must attach their profile photo and upload their vital documents at the available button.
Moreover, for further information about the Dis-Chem Pharmacies driver vacancies, you can visit www.dischem.co.za.
Finally, the closing date of these Dis-Chem Pharmacies driver vacancies will be on 21 June 2021.