National Library of South Africa (NLSA) is an agency of the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture in South Africa, especially in Pretoria. As one of the ways to improve the development of socio-economic, educational, and cultural element in the country, NLSA proudly offers NLSA trainee assistant archivists as the job opportunities to apply for. When you have education background in related or relevant field, this position might be what you will be grateful for.
Further, as this opportunity rarely comes in these positions, it would be such a loss for those who miss these lucky chances. Therefore, had you put any interests in these job opportunities, you must have applied for one. The availability of these vacancies is a three-month contract. Thus, you can decide either you will apply or you will skip these chances.
Table of Contents
Position: Trainee Assistant Archivists
Recruiter: National Library of South Africa (NLSA)
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Salary: R5 700 per month
Types of work: Three-month contract
What will a trainee assistant archivist be responsible for? Apparently, a trainee assistant archivist will have these following duties, as follows.
- Capturing, verifying, and cleaning up the data on the National Archives database
- Assisting in preservation and conservation services
- Doing evaluation and preparation of paper based and audiovisual records for the digitization
- Managing the arrangement and description of paper based and /or audio-visual records
- Following the detailed instructions
- Also, preparing both weekly and monthly reports
Furthermore, in order to be a qualified candidate, someone must have fulfilled these following requirements.
- All applicants must be in the age between 18 and 35 years old
- All applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Archival Studies, Film Studies, Heritage Studies, or Sound Engineering
- Besides, they must reside in Pretoria
- For those who have a postgraduate qualifications, they will get an advantage
- The applicants who obtained the qualification through the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture’s Heritage Bursary Scheme are encouraged to apply
- Having good interpersonal skills is compulsory
- The applicants must have the ability to perform moderately heavy physical work and work in a team and under pressure
- Being able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and work ethics will be vital
- Having computer literacy will be an added advantage
In addition, it is also an obligation for all applicants to provide some documents to facilitate the recruiter in getting to know you more.
- A completed prescribed application form
- A covering letter
- A comprehensive Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Matric or Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- A copy of certified identity document
For applying, all the applicants can send these documents through email at [email protected]. Moreover, the recruiter is not going to accept any applications from the recruitment agencies. Consequently, should you not receive any response or notification related to the recruitment, you can consider that your application was not successful.
Further, had you any enquiries related to the recruitment, you might visit www.nlsa.ac.za.
Finally, the closing date of these NLSA trainee assistant archivists’ vacancies will be on 25 June 2021.