Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Motsepe Bursary program is designed to help students achieve their dream without having to struggle for the financial stability. There are several requirements that need to meet and the candidates need to pay detailed attention to everything.
About the Program
Motsepe Bursary started when Precious and Patrice Motsepe joined The Giving Pledge. The Giving Pledge itself was a philanthropy project founded by Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. It has become the project of the wealthiest families and individuals in the world to help the poor and the unfortunate. When Patrice and Precious joined the project, the Motsepe family has donated their wealth (even half of it) to help the poor.
They founded Motsepe Foundation to help the poor. The main objective is to improve and increase the living standard of people living in poverty as well as the marginalized and unemployed ones. The foundation has created various initiatives and projects to help these people become self-sustaning and independent.
For the bursary, the subjects offered are in:
- Business Studies
- Medical Studies
In order to qualify for the Motsepe Bursary program, there are several requirements that candidates need to meet.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must get at least 70% in Matric –but not including Life Orientation
- They must study or have the intention to study in one of the mentioned study fields
- They must study or have the intention to study in a recognized and reputable South Africa’s tertiary institutions
- They can prove their financial needs
- They have excellent academic results
How to Apply
Interested candidates need to download the application form and complete it. When they are done and about to submit the application letter, they need to accompany it with the supporting documents, consisting of:
- A certified copy of the Matric mid-year result if you are currently still in Matric
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate if they have completed Matric
- A certified copy of the full academic record if they are currently in the tertiary level
- A certified copy of proof of residence
- Certified copies of guardians or parents’ ID documents
- Certified copies of ID documents of the other members of the family
- The guardians or parents proof of income. It can be an affidavit for unemployed or informal traders, an SASSA grant letter, or an employment letter or the latest payslip for the employed members. A death certificate for the deceased is also needed
Be advised that if the supporting documents are incomplete, your application may not be regarded and will lead to your application being rejected.
These following documents are probably needed as the extra preparation:
- Student number
- The certified copy of final Matric results
- The fee statement if they are currently within the tertiary level
- The proof of registration or the acceptance letter from the university
The application letter and the supporting documents need to be submitted to [email protected]. Write ‘Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application – The candidates’ full name’ in the subject line of the email
The program may be offered on a yearly basis but without clear information about the opening and closing date. Generally, the deadline takes place in September but it doesn’t hurt to always check the official site to make sure. Candidates who still have questions about the Motsepe Bursary program can contact 011 324 1500.