Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are passionate about engineering and you want to continue a higher degree by taking one of the subjects, you can always join AfriSam bursary. This is a financial support program designed to help students who face financial hardship. Now, they won’t have to worry about their financial challenges and just focus on their study in order to gain higher education and better future.
About the Bursary
One of the operation divisions of AfriSam in Cape Region is offering a program where they invite full-time and potential students to take part in the bursary program. They are always in a search of dedicated and talented youth, especially the ones with passions in engineering and other studies.
Through AfriSam bursary, the company provides a financial support and assistance to students taking a specific subject within South African accredited and reliable tertiary institutions. The specific subjects cover these fields:
- BSC Chemistry
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
The bursary will be given to students taking the fields and cover the full study duration. As long as the students have impressive academic performance and achievements, the bursary will remain available for them. The bursary will cover these following things:
- Residence free
- Examination fee
- Tuition fee
- Registration fee
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have good moral and behavioral standards
- They must pass at least 60%average for Matric academic record
- They must be able to show proven financial needs
- They must be willing to relocate
- They must be willing to work for the company if needed
- Women candidates and historically disadvantaged South African applicants would be given the preference and priority
How to Apply
Candidates need to download the application form for AfriSam bursary. Once it is filled and ready for submission, candidates need to include the supporting documents. They consist of:
- A CV
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of the full tertirary academic record
- A motivational letter consisting the reason why they should be given the bursary, why they are interested in the subject field, and why they need the financial assistance
- A certified copy of the guardian or parents’ ID document
- A certified copy of the guardian or parents’ financial income
There are several ways to submit the application:
- Through email. Candidates can send the application form and the supporting documents to [email protected]. They need to write ‘Afrisam bursary application – their full name’ on the subject line of the email
- Through hand They can send it to the Human Resource at any on-site branch of the company
The bursary is generally offered on a yearly basis with the deadline is in November. Be advised, the opening date is generally happening a few months before. Candidates are expected to check the official website regularly for availability and to find out the details of the opening and closing date.
Candidates can reach out to the contact person for further questions about the AfriSam bursary program at [email protected] or at 0860 141 141 or at 011 670 5500.