In the event that you want to learn more about the financial sector in South Africa, then you should join Liberty learnership that will provide the opportunity. The learnership will provide solid and sound theoretical knowledge and also a direct working experience at the same time. Basically, a learnership program provides a valuable experience (in terms of deeper insight and straightforward professional implementation) that can affect you in the future. Not only you will have an improved skills, but you will also enjoy higher qualifications at the same time.
Table of Contents
About the Program
Liberty Holdings Limited is a South African financial firm offering their services and expertise to 3.2 million clients in Africa alone. Their expertise covers health products, asset management, investment, and investment. The company was set up in 1957 by Sir Donald Gordon. Its original name was Liberty Life Association of Africa Ltd.
They are offering Liberty learnership program to potential and promising candidates because they want to contribute to the better development and growth of youth work force, especially for future reference. Students or unemployed youth wanting to pursue a career, especially in finance industry, can take part in the program. The common programs available for the learnership are:
- Financial Advisor
- Human Resources
- Group Risk
- Group Information Management
- Corporate Benefits
Although candidates will get a monthly stipend, they are responsible for their own expenses that may cover accommodation, meals, and transport.
Every program has their own standard of measurements, and this Liberty learnership program isn’t different. The general requirements are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – proven by the valid and legal ID
- They must complete Matric or Grade 12 and have the certificate
- They must have good knowledge and command of English language (able to speak, write, and read English)
- They must be unemployed
- They must not take a part-time or full time study during the learnership program
- They must understand computer
- They must have the passion, interest, and determination to work in the financial sector
- They must have good self motivation
- They must be versatile – they must be able to work on their own as well as working in a team
- They must be willing to work hard
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must have good credit – and records
- They must be healthy and fit – as medical fitness will be examined and assessed
Be advised that preference will be provided and given to disabled candidates as well as those from unfortunate backgrounds.
How to Apply
Keep in mind that application takes place online. Candidates must visit the following link.
Candidates may be required to upload or submit these documents:
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- A certified copy of legal South African ID document
- A CV
- Contactable references
- Certified copies of qualifications
The learnership program generally takes place on a yearly basis. The opening date is usually during June or July. The deadline may vary from time to time. To learn more about Liberty learnership program, you can contact them at this link.