Those who are thinking about continuing their study to a higher degree but facing financial hardship and difficulty can think about joining Ephraim Mogale bursary scheme that is set for 2019-2020 period. The bursary is offered on a yearly basis so if you are interested, you can always have a regular check to the official website.
About the Program
Ephraim Mogale local municipality is situated in Limpopo. It was established after the 2000 local election. It has 120,000 residents with a cover area of 2000 km2. It has the main economic sectors in mining, transport, tourism, finance, agriculture, trade, and construction.
They are offering a financial help for students from challenging background who want to move forward with their study. There are different kinds of Ephraim Mogale bursary scheme for different fields. In Commerce, for instance, they are offering financial help in Accounting (for BCom), Mining Economics, Econometrics and Economic Modeling, Asset and Property Management, Macro Economics, and so much more. Besides Commerce, they are also offering help in Science, Arts, Medical, and Postgraduates. For detailed information about the subjects and sub-fields, go to the official website to gain further info.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They should reside in Ephraim Mogale jurisdictional local municipality area
- They must be currently in Matric or they have completed Matric
- They must take full time study or intend to have a full time study within a reputable tertiary institution – located in South Africa
- They must take or study by taking one of the fields of study listed in the detailed explanation
- For engineering student candidates, they must obtain at least 60% for English, Physical Science, and Mathematics in Matric
- They must come from disadvantaged rural community or background
- Disabled students and female students are welcomed, and even encouraged to apply with priority and preference
How to Apply
Application can happen in several ways. Interested candidates need to go to this. They will have to make an account and apply online. Then, they need to download the application form or get one from Departments of the Provincial Government offices. They will have to submit the supporting documents to [email protected]. The documents include:
- Matric exam results
- Certified copies of birth certificate and ID document
- Certified copies of the latest exam results for tertiary level
- Certified copies of previous (formal) qualifications
- Registration or acceptance proof at the tertiary institution
- Certified copies of guardians or parents ID documents
- Certified copies of guardians of parents income proof
- Certified copies of proof of residence
- Proof of disability from registered medical hospital, clinic, or doctor
If the application will be hand delivered, go to Department of Education Provincial office, Riverside Government Complex, Building 5, Upper ground floor. If they are going to send it by post, send it to The Bursary Unit, Mpumalanga Department of Education, Private Bag X 11341, Nelspruit 1200.
The admission board or commission will NOT accept applications sent through email or fax. The deadline is on October the 31st 2019. For further information or inquiries related to the Ephraim Mogale bursary scheme, contact them directly at 013 766 5355 or 013 766 5243 or 013 766 5380.