Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
PPS bursary is designed to help (financially) struggling students who want to continue their study in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology, and Science. These fields or subjects are considered critical as well as scarce as not everyone have the qualifications to take those studies. With the bursary, it is expected that the students will finally get the financial assistance they need while pursuing a better career and future at the same time.
About the Company
PPS is Professional Provident Society is a South African organization that was set up in 1941. The main purpose is to figure out a way for creating a better financial protection system because of the practical inability after sickness or injury. Now, the PPS has become an authorized and legal financial service provider offering and providing customized healthcare, insurance, and investment solutions for the graduate professionals. It is actually the only South African company of a mutual financial service for graduate professionals only. It allocates all of the profits to the members on a yearly basis with the qualifying quality and products through Profit Share PPS accounts.
About the Bursary
The organization is offering financial assistance to those wanting to pursue studies in STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) fields. Humanities students are also encouraged to apply for PPS bursary. The bursary will cover the expenses from the first year to Honors level. The expenses may include meals, tuition fees, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks within the university residence.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Matric
- They must register to study or they are studying fulltime at one of the listed study fields
- They must study or register to study within the public tertiary institution in South Africa (it can be the universities or universities of technology
- They must come from challenging or disadvantaged background with householdincome less than R600 000 per year
- Preferences would be granted to students with financial needs as well as those advantaged candidates (colored, Indian, African)
How to Apply
Candidates are expected to come to this. When you apply, don’t forget to send the application form along with the supporting documents of:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- A certified copy of academic transcript
- Proof of registration – for the following study period
- Student account statement that proves that all fees have been paid up (applicable for the previous years)
- The details of the tertiary institution bank account (on the letterhead)
- The details of the tertiary institution finance department contact (on the letterhead)
- Motivational reference letter (from the leader)
- Guardians or parents proof of household income – it can be in the form of an affidavit if they are unemployed or the latest payslip if they are employed)
The deadline is generally taking place in August although it is not clear about the opening and closing date. Candidates are advised to have a regular check to the official website to know when they are open and the detailed requirements for the application.
If you have questions regarding the PPS bursary program, you can send an email to [email protected] or by fax at 011 644 9629.