Department of Energy Learnership program is a part of learnership program that providing opportunity to potential and qualified candidates to gain the professional experience they need. As a government institution, there are several programs that are offered and made available for the interested candidates. It is expected that candidates will gain the knowledge, ability, and also the experience (which they need for their professional development) by the time they complete the program.
About the Program
As a part of learnership program, this is designed to provide a professional opportunity to candidates interested in getting the working skills within a (governmental) department. The programs are available in various South African areas, including Northern Cape, Limpopo, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Eastern Cape, Free State, Western Cape, North West, and KwaZulu-Natal.
The available programs for the candidates of the learnerships are:
- Internal Audit (for NQF Level 5 and Level 7)
- Radiation Protection (for NQF Level 4)
- Public Administration (for NQF Level 5 and Level7)
- Project Management (for NQF Level 5 and Level 7)
There are some basic as well as specific requirements that all candidates must meet in order to qualify for this program:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – must be proven by a legal and valid South African ID
- They must be within the age range of 18 and 35 years old
- They must have completed Grade12 (or Matric) and they have the certificate
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
In terms of qualification, candidates with these extra features will have the extra advantage:
- They must have a good communication skill
- They must have a proven ability or fluency in English – other languages will be an added point
- They must not be selfish
- They must be passionate in the field that they are applying for, and they must have the determination to complete it
- Candidates who apply for Internal Audit must have either of these degrees: National Diploma in Internal Auditing, a Bcom degree in Internal Auditing, or a BTech in Internal Auditing
- Candidates who apply for Project Management must have a National Diploma in Information or Finance
How to Apply
Be advised that there will NOT be any online processing for the application. Interested candidates will have to download the ZE8 form first, complete it, and then submit it. During the submission, candidates ae expected to include the supporting documents that include a valid certified copy of South African ID document, a certifiedcopy of Matric certificate, certified copies ofqualifications, and an updated (but comprehensive) CV.
Candidates can then send it (by post) to Director-General Department of Energy Learnership, Ms. L. Modiba, Private Bag X96, Pretoria 0001. There is also anotheralternative where candidates can hand-deliver their application to The Department of Energy, 192 Cnr Visagie and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria.
There is no information about the deadline, but candidates are expected to send their application as soon as possible. Make sure to send a complete application and also documents. Beside that, candidates are expected to have a fast respond and send it right away.