To prevent the spread of Covid-19, the number of swab procedure aids who will happen to help people in finding out whether they are infected or not has to be improved. This might be what Lancet thinks in offering some Lancet vacancies in the position of swab procedure aid. Generally, when people are in a rush to know their results, the presence of swab procedure aid is considered as essential. Therefore, when you are into this position, you must not miss this complete information.
Position: Swab Procedure Aid
Recruiter: Lancet Laboratories
Reference number: 620464
Type of work: Fixed Term
Consequently, being a swab procedure aid will require you to handle these following duties and responsibilities, as follows.
- Ensuring that the patients or clients from whom Nasopharyngeal and Throat swabs are taken
- Identifying and educating patients or clients about the procedure and their rights in compliance with relevant standard operating procedures
- Ensuring that the disposal of bio-hazardous waste is in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures
- Keeping the records of specimens collected and ensuring that the details and clinical information is recorded accurately
- Processing the sample registration logging and queries according to set standard operating procedures
- Ensuring dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures
- Monitoring progress and filling reports including handling queries and reporting delivery
- Implementing sound housekeeping procedures and working effectively with others as a member of a team to make sure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols
- Preparing and scanning patient forms onto laboratory scanning system and resolving the scanning incomplete according to the set standard operating procedures
- Coordinating the reception area and giving out relevant information and directing clients to relevant department
- Representing the organization by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field
- Receiving cash from patients and ensuring banking of money has been done based on procedures
- Also, reporting incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution and reading documents based on policy
In addition, to make yourself qualify for the position, there are some requirements that all applicants must have.
- Having the BSC degree or any other relevant qualification is the minimum requirements to fulfill
- Having zero to one year of relevant working experience is compulsory
- The applicants must have relevant job knowledge in laboratory information systems and organizational policy procedures
- Besides, all applicants must be computer literate
- Being able to follow instruction and procedures, deliver results, meet customer expectations, adapt and respond to change
- All applicants must be able to cope with pressures and setbacks, work with people, and follow instructions and procedures
- Lastly, being able to adhere to principles and values is obligatory
Furthermore, having completed the requirements of Lancet vacancies means nothing unless the applicants also prepare these following compulsory documents, as follows.
- An identity document
- A recently updated CV
- Also, certified copies of qualifications
Further, in applying for these Lancet vacancies, you can go through this link. Thus, all applicants have to complete the register details for the individual applicants. After that, you can follow all the steps to do the online application.
Moreover, had you any enquiries about Lancet vacancies, you can visit www.lancet.co.za.
Finally, the closing date of Lancet vacancies will be on 15 July 2021 at 12.00 AM.