As the global pandemic of Covid-19 has become an epidemic to get rid of, more healthcare and youth care workers are needed to cure illnesses. This inspires Western Cape Government to seek for more child and youth care worker. Hence, they are currently offering for some Western Cape Gov vacancies for focusing on child and also youth care.
When you think that this position really describes and fits into your personalities, you should not miss this opportunity. Check out the complete information in the following.
Position: Child and Youth Care Worker
Recruiter: Western Cape Government
Location: Various, Western Cape, South Africa
Grade 1: R140 958 – R157 245 per annum
Grade 2: R166 830 – R187 758 per annum, OSD as prescribed
Reference number: WCG210629-4
Type of work: Permanent
Generally, these following duties are the responsibilities of people who are working as child and youth care worker. Hence, these will be your duties to handle during the duration of the programme.
- Receiving children and youth to the care facility after admission
- Implementing the Developmental and Recreational Programs
- Managing the engagement and assessment or plan of action
- Monitoring and evaluating the developmental and recreational programs
- Providing referral of professional services such as appointment register, observation book, and occurrence book
- Enhancing the participation of the learners at the facility in sport, recreation, arts and culture programmes and services
- Managing the Continuous Professional Development
- Also, performing administrative work and clerical functions as required
In addition, to be able to make yourself quality for participating in Western Cape Gov vacancies, all applicants must have these following requirements.
- Having a Grade 12 qualification (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification) is non-negotiable
- For Grade 1, having no experience is acceptable
- For Grade 2, the applicants must have the minimum of 10 years appropriate experience in Child and Youth Care Work after having obtained the required qualification
- Being able to intervene and resolve conflicts and work with children in conflict with the law is obligatory
- The applicants must have the proper knowledge of Developmental programmes, clerical or administrative processes, and rules and procedures of the care centre
- Having planning, organizing, problem solving, and communication skills in both written and verbal is vital
- The applicants must be able to conduct himself or herself in a respectful manner when dealing with clients
- Lastly, having relevant qualification and registration with the SACPPS as a registered Child and Youth Care Worker is recommended
Furthermore, having completed the requirements does not further guarantee that the position will be yours. There are some compulsory documents to provide for your application.
- An identity document
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications
For applying, you can access this link and find the button of Apply at the bottom of the page. In fact, you cannot proceed this application completely without registering yourself.
However, had you any enquiries about Western Cape Gov vacancies, you can contact Mr. EJ Buys at (021) 986 9101.
Finally, the closing date of Western Cape Gov vacancies will be on 2 August 2021.