When it comes to providing the best vital and accurate diagnostic and pathology services, Lancet Laboratories is one of the leading pathology labs people can rely on. This Lancet Laboratories has been operating throughout South Africa and it has already had a lot clients from time to time. Fortunately, there is the availability of Lancet Laboratories learnership in the position of student phlebotomy technician. For further information, you can keep on reading these following details.
Job Title: Lancet Laboratories Learnership
Position: Student Phlebotomy Technician
Recruiter: Lancet Laboratories
Location: KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Salary: Monthly stipend
Reference number: 619893
Type of work: 24 Months Contract
When you are interested in a position, it is an obligation to find out the duties and responsibilities it holds. Hence, here are the duties of Lancet Laboratories student phlebotomy learnership, as follows.
- Drawing blood and collecting specimens from patients or donors
- Attending formal training programme including lectures, practical training, and also assignment submission
- Writing Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination
- Meeting contractual obligations of the learnership appointment
- Collecting venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes
- Implementing sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols
- Lastly, representing the organization by applying the principles of customer care
In addition, there are some requirements to meet by all applicants when they are really into this Lancet Laboratories student phlebotomy learnership.
- Having the minimum of Grade 12 with English, Mathematics, and Biology D symbol is compulsory
- Having the minimum of zero to one year of relevant working experience is non-negotiable
- All applicants must have computer literacy and knowledge of Phlebotomy procedures and processes
- Being able to cope with nervous and distressed patients and handle confidential information is obligatory
- The applicants must have administrative skills and professionalism
- Besides, having practical thinking and lateral thinking is essential
- All applicants must be able to show empathy, flexibility, and also patience at work
- Lastly, having BSC will be an advantage
Furthermore, apart from the previous requirements, there are some documents which are compulsory for all applicants to provide as well.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An identity document
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copies of academic reports
For applying to Lancet Laboratories student phlebotomy learnership, all applicants can go through this link. When you click the button of Apply Now, there will be three options to choose. First, it is login for those who have ever registered themselves. The second one is register as individual and the third one is register as recruiter.
Additionally, registering yourself as individual requires you to fulfill some register details. It includes title, initial, first name and surname, nationality, citizenship, email address, phone number, work number, and also password. Do not forget to tick the opt of “I hereby accept the terms and conditions”.
Moreover, if you are looking for further information and details about the learnership, you may visit www.lancet.co.za.
Finally, the closing date of Lancet Laboratories student phlebotomy learnership will be on 13 August 2021 at 12 AM South African Standard time.